confused about how long to wait?

mumatmadhouse

number 6 on the way!
Reaction score
hi ladies, i'm not really sure where to post this although i know there have been many posts like this. I had a mc on 13/12 and stopped bleeding last saturday, i also had a scan on tuesday which showed the mc to be complete. I have read many different opinions on when you can start ttc again so i thought i would just go with what i was told as mc is such an individual experience, the trouble is that the nurse said 1 cycle but the info leaflet she handed me said as soon as you feel ready once the bleeding has stopped:dohh: So which is it??? I want to try again straight away. The nurse did say though that my uterus lining still looked a bit thick but i have had no more bleeding not even spotting. Is this why she said to wait or just because of the emotional recovery? This was my second mc and i waited over a year after that one to ttc again, i wouldnt be thinking about it if i didnt feel ok with trying again so quickly:nope:

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated

I just had a miscarriage 4 weeks ago and starting trying when the bleeding stopped and I got 2 bfp's today. Go with your heart I say.

From what I've read, especially recent research, if you have a fully "natural" MC (ie: no surgery, pills, etc) you can start TTC again as soon as you stop bleeding, and there is a chance you'll be MORE fertile at that time as well. It's not a hard and fast rule, and every woman's different, but if you feel ready to TTC again, nothing should stop you. At the end of the day, Mother Nature is a clever broad, if your body isn't ready for a new pregnancy yet, you won't get pregnant. So if your lining in your uterus is too thick or not of the right "kind", you'll have a period rather than implanting. Hope that made sense!

I say whenever you are mentally and physically ready.

For me personally it was better to wait one cycle to mourn my little one and also my lining was not so great even after a natural M/C (My first period was super light - only one day of bleeding) so I think that if I had got pregnant the baby might not have been able to implant well. That was just me though.

Good luck with your decision and sorry for your losses.:hugs:

hey hun
I did not wait a cycle i started straight away.. it made me fell better, but every one is differnet.. xx

sorry about your loss huni x
Theres soooooooo many answers youl get :)
Some day 1 period, others 3, others 6! Theres no evidence to waiting or not waiting. Its mostly due to 'dating' reasons to wait one period, but thats what scans are for :) and some say about uterus lining but if its not thick enough, egg just wont implant, theres nothing to say TTC straight away will cause another MC or not, as many women get pregnant before waiting for a period and go on to have succesful pregnancys x
We were not trying not preventing soon as bleeding stopped, now after one period were TTC :) Long as your emotionally ready then get busy! xx
Baby dust x

thanks for your responses ladies. DH and I have been doing a lot of thinking the last few days and have decided to just go for it! I am actually quite nervous about dtd but i guess thats normal too, but i really miss the closeness. I hope you have all had a happy christmas day and wish you all lots and lots of baby dust xx Good Luck everyone

happy that you are going to ttc straight away good luck hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->