Confused about low 3 hr glucose test results *UPDATE*

pjmm

Reaction score
Hello all! It's been a while since I've been on BnB. I had given up on TTC and conceived while on break when I least expected it! So far this pregnancy has been straightforward except for a slightly elevated heart rate. I am now 26 weeks along and had to complete the GD test earlier this week. Due to my PCOS history and weight at time I conceived, they had me take one at 12 weeks as well and I passed that one. I failed the 1 hour test by 7 points this time around and was asked to come back 2 days later to complete the 3 hour test. For this test I was asked to fast since 8pm the night before the test and come in at 7:45am to start the testing, my results are the following:

Fasting -68 (normal range 70-94)
1 hr -157 (normal range 70-179)
2 hr -120 (normal range 70-165)
3 hr -61 (normal range 70-139)

As you can see my fasting and 3 hour readings fall just below the normal range.

I received an e-mail (not phone call) from my midwife giving me instructions to follow a GD diet. However, she did not specify if I was being diagnosed with the condition. From everything I've read too high readings are what diagnoses someone as having GD. I try to eat balanced and well and don't always give in to the pregnancy cravings I have. I'm a bit terrified of having to be stressing about my sugar levels and pricking myself throughout the day (I tend to be a bit obsessive with numbers so I know this can turn into a rabbit hole for me).

I have e-mailed my midwife back and also left a voicemail. I'm hoping she gets back to me today, but I was wondering if anyone had any insight into the low readings of my test and GD? Everything I try to find online relates to high readings and not lows.....any experiences?

In case anyone is stuck like I was: I just heard back from my midwife. She said I do NOT have GD and do NOT need to monitor my sugar levels. They sent me the instructions for the GD diet as a precaution and to prevent my levels from dropping too much but they probably were low because of the fasting. Super relieved !!!

In case anyone is stuck like I was: I just heard back from my midwife. She said I do NOT have GD and do NOT need to monitor my sugar levels. They sent me the instructions for the GD diet as a precaution and to prevent my levels from dropping too much but they probably were low because of the fasting. Super relieved !!!

I have that issue as well (even not pregnant). My sugars tend to plummet a few hours after I eat carbs, even though they stay “in check” for the first 2 hours. I believe it’s called reactive hypoglycemia or something?

The only reason to worry is you can get super hungry and feel a little sick if you don’t eat often enough. Make sure to have snacks with protein and fat to keep you going all day and you’ll be just fine!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->