confused about my ovulation test

Mummytobe18

Reaction score
Hi everyone, im cofused about my ovulation test.
I used the clear blue digital ovulation test, around 4pm yesterday and got a flashing smiley face. But tested again this morning using my first urine and I got a blank circle meaning im not close to ovulation. Im confusd. Could this be because my forst testing wasnt the first urine of the day and it gave me a false result?

From what I've read with ovulation tests you don't use first morning urine.

"Follow the manufacturer's instructions about the time to take your OPK. First morning urine is usually not the best for OPKs since your LH surge usually begins in early morning when you are still sleeping and may not be apparent in your first morning urine. If you test in the early morning, you may miss your surge entirely since LH levels may already be reduced by the next morning. Late morning or early afternoon is usually best unless the instructions suggest otherwise. " -- From FertilityFriend.com

Hope that helps a little. I still have a hard time catching my O on an OPK. Maybe you did really catch it with the 4pm test. Good luck!!

I read that its a good idea to test twice a day (but as above not first morning wee) as otherwise you can miss the surge, so I guess quite quickly the lh levels can start to drop...ovulation tends to occur 12 to 24 hours after an lh surge so you need to get bd. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->