Confused About My Scan Picture..

leighgi

Reaction score
Hi, so I had a scan at 5 weeks but got my dating scan next week. I didn't think anything of it at first but its got 2 circles which I'm confused about. Few people have said its the yolk sac and baby but don't think they are attached? 2 of my friends who have twins but different scan pictures said it looks like 2 sacs. Can anyone help? Scan attached. Lianne x

Attachments

• IMG-20130422-01747.jpg
    IMG-20130422-01747.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 49
It's most likely yolk sack and baby. It's definitely not two sacks as there is only one black blob they are contained in, two sacks would show two definite black blobs. The yolk sack does not touch the baby. It's possibly two babies in one sack, but I would say more likely it's just baby and yolk sack.

I would say it looks more like the yolk sac and the baby :)
Im no u/s tech, but i dont believe that is a second baby. looks exactly like what a baby and the yolk sac would look like at that stage. The majority of ppl have no idea that there even is a yolk sac, so i could see why someone could mistaken that for a twin.

congratulations on your pregnancy!

Definitely looks like baby and yolk sac to me :) Totally normal! <3

Looks like yolk sac and baby. The yolk sac is attached to baby it's whats feeding baby. It's just a very tiny line connecting them.

looks like yolk sac and baby to me too... mine is below if you want to compare and I know that I def have only 1 bub in there :)

photo.jpg

Looks like mine, and we have one baby and a yolk sac, in one black space. :) Congratulations!

Embryo and yolk sac hun, don't worry. Totally normal scan at your stage xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"