Confused about NT - abdominal or vaginal?

Demotivated

Reaction score
Hi girls..

So, i am due for by NT in a couple of weeks. I called the sonographer to fix an appointment and told him that my doctor told me that its preferable to get an internal scan...the sonographer was stumped and was like.." the NT scans are abdominal only"...:wacko:

Now...i am confused...i m overweight so i thought thats why doc said TV (trans vaginal) is good for me.. she is away for a week else would have called n checked with her...:growlmad:

I hate TVs...they are just so uncomfortable :|

Any light please?

Never heard of a nt scan being tv
Always abdominal hun as far as I know

Emma

it just depends on how good a look they can get with an abdominal hun.

Would you mind me asking roughly what size you are? Sorry if thats rude but with DS2 I was a uk size20 and around 18 stone and it was done abdominal and they got a good enough pic :D

This time round im a bit bigger ( i had hoped to loose weight before i fell pregnant but it happened quicker than we expected) so i dont know if they will get a good pic using an abdominal scan x

Hi Hun, I'm a sonographer. They will do it abdominally. Sometimes we try a TV if we can't get a good view, but to be honest, TV scans for nuchals are not very successful. They are good for seeing the babies anatomy but very difficult to measure the NT.

They will try abdominally and maybe bring you back another day or get you walking or something to get baby to move

Good luck! I'm sure you will be fine xx

it just depends on how good a look they can get with an abdominal hun.

Would you mind me asking roughly what size you are? Sorry if thats rude but with DS2 I was a uk size20 and around 18 stone and it was done abdominal and they got a good enough pic :D

This time round im a bit bigger ( i had hoped to loose weight before i fell pregnant but it happened quicker than we expected) so i dont know if they will get a good pic using an abdominal scan x

I an UK size 16, so your post gives me hope :)

Hi Hun, I'm a sonographer. They will do it abdominally. Sometimes we try a TV if we can't get a good view, but to be honest, TV scans for nuchals are not very successful. They are good for seeing the babies anatomy but very difficult to measure the NT.

They will try abdominally and maybe bring you back another day or get you walking or something to get baby to move

Good luck! I'm sure you will be fine xx

Thanks much Kezzy.
I have had clear abdominal U/s in past when I was diagnosed with pcos..so makes me think it shouldn't be a problem with my weight... :-(

oh gosh hun you should have no problems at all! I was a 16 with DS1 and got the clearest pics ever <3 x

My 12 NT scan was vaginal, and my 20 week scan was abdominal. Maybe it depends on the doctor?

iv attached my scan pics from ds1 hun.. the first two are twelve week scan pics and the third is my 20 week scan x

Attachments

• 4349_122905545328_1982717_n.jpg
    4349_122905545328_1982717_n.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 4349_122905550328_3893790_n.jpg
    4349_122905550328_3893790_n.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 1934361_147248295328_3958199_n.jpg
    1934361_147248295328_3958199_n.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 6
I had a abdominal scan but my brothers wife started off abdominal but couldn't get a good view so hat to go tv and she is really skinny so it might just depend on the doctor Hun xx

My sonographer started with abdominal but baby was tucked behind some organs and hiding so we had to do TV. But then baby wouldn't give her the view she needed lol stubborn already!

What does NT stand for ? I just got my first ultrasound at 6w3d and it started out as an abdominal scan and then TV since the baby was small/harder to get measurements. It's not fun but I'd prefer it over a pap any day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->