Confused about OPK + Ovulation/Clomid

jaan613

Reaction score
Hi All,
I just wanted to verify something: I think I'm really confused and I know this might sound dumb but why would an OPK give me a positive reading eventhough I have gone for an ultrasound and I was told I wasn't able to produce an egg or any large enough follicles this month? Is this because an opk kit just detects the LH surge (does that have nothing to do with the egg releasing?) Am I making any sense?

So eventhough the OPK is positive, it doesnt mean an egg was released, is this right? and the only way to check if the egg was released is through ultrasound?

Please excuse how dumb I am ;)

I am on Day 11 and ovulate usually Day 14 the past 3 months on clomid.
Have taken 150 MG of Clomid, this is my 3rd cycle. HSG is clear too.

You are absolutely right, you can tell through ultrasound or by temping to see if you released and egg. The OPK's are only to detect the LH surge we get prior to releasing an egg.

However even if you have a surge does not mean you will release an egg. (but if you did, it makes it easier to be prepared knowing it's coming) hugs darling and happy dropping. :D

I'm sure next month will be way better.

You are absolutely right, you can tell through ultrasound or by temping to see if you released and egg. The OPK's are only to detect the LH surge we get prior to releasing an egg.

However even if you have a surge does not mean you will release an egg. (but if you did, it makes it easier to be prepared knowing it's coming) hugs darling and happy dropping. :D

I'm sure next month will be way better.

Ok thanks for clarifying.

Have been on clomid for 3 months, 150 mg a day. Taking it day 2-6. I have PCOS. My gyno did an ultrasound on day 11 and she said there were a few follicles and couldnt' see any signs of an egg :(
*heart broken* thought this would be my month. She suggested me to go see her again day 1 of my next cycle to discuss injectables. Sigh. My heart feels heavy and I feel so sad.
Only good news was that my HSG which was performed this month was clear. That's keeping me going.

Awww sugar, :flower:

try not to be down hearted I know easier said than done, Almost everyone on this site is going through one thing or another and it is easy to lose hope. DH and I have been trying now for 18 months - 1 mis last October - took for ever to get over it, but we are back at it.

DH also lives in NY and I am in Canada, trips to "be together" are around 200.00 there and back and it's really starting to get tight; but DH is 40 i'm 35 and I really don't want to be 40+ and pregnant.

I don't have to deal with PCOS, I did however get all of my blood work done and had a HSG as well - OUCH!!! is an understatement. and everything on my end is fine.

DH doesn't have the health care I do here and has not as of yet been tested for anything we just can't seem to swing the 600.00 to check everything out. (We were just married in May of this year still trying to pay that off)

I guess what I am saying is chin up, It'll happen - stress is the #1 reason for people not conceiving. :hugs:

Awww sugar, :flower:

try not to be down hearted I know easier said than done, Almost everyone on this site is going through one thing or another and it is easy to lose hope. DH and I have been trying now for 18 months - 1 mis last October - took for ever to get over it, but we are back at it.

DH also lives in NY and I am in Canada, trips to "be together" are around 200.00 there and back and it's really starting to get tight; but DH is 40 i'm 35 and I really don't want to be 40+ and pregnant.

I don't have to deal with PCOS, I did however get all of my blood work done and had a HSG as well - OUCH!!! is an understatement. and everything on my end is fine.

DH doesn't have the health care I do here and has not as of yet been tested for anything we just can't seem to swing the 600.00 to check everything out. (We were just married in May of this year still trying to pay that off)

I guess what I am saying is chin up, It'll happen - stress is the #1 reason for people not conceiving. :hugs:

thank you for your words of encouragement. :) it's just so easy for some and so hard, difficult, emotional, and expensive for the rest. c'est la vie i guess. trying to be positive. :)
yes it must be hard to have your husband away while ttc. when the timing is right, it will happen, so my mummy says. xx
good luck to you dear! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->