Confused about OPK...

Reaction score
Alright... I have an OPK dilemma.

I'm on CD 19. I usually have a positive OPK by CD 16. I began testing on CD 12, as that is usually plenty early enough for me.... However, I still have not gotten a positive. I presume a.) I ovulated pretty early this time, which is very odd for me. b.) I am not going to ovulate this cycle or c.) I have yet to ovulate.

So, with that in mind I tested around 6 PM-- the strip on the right. After a couple minutes I deemed it to be negative and left the room. My hubby yells at me 15 mins later and says, "So i guess you're gonna ovulate, huh?" I went and looked and it had turned super dark. Unfamiliar with these type of OPK strips, I decided to take another to make sure....

Around 10:30 PM, I tested again-- the strip on the LEFT. I took this picture within the 4-5 min reading time frame.

So I guess the first test was inaccurate? Anyone familiar with RITE AID OPK strips? Sorry for the details... Bear with me :) and Thank you, ladies, once again :flower:

Attachments

• 0114122240.jpg
    0114122240.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 21
Hmmmmm i would say that the strip on the right is defo a positive.
But, i'm not familiar with the brand of opks your using. If it were me i think i would discount the other one as you had gone back to it after so long, and assume the other is positive.

The one on the right that seems to be positive is the one I went back to after 15 mins... Thanks for your help :) What do you think?

I've never used the Rite Aid brand but they look just like Target and Answer brand... both of those look negative to me... Mine always dried with a line on the left that was darker than when it was "wet" and within the time limit. I didn't ovulate when I was using those strips, though.

I use the smiley face OPK, cause those strips confuse the hell out of me and I never can see the color. What I have found is I don't ovulate the same time every month. These last 2 months I did ovulate on CD14 but in Nov and Dec I ovulated on CD 16 into CD 17 . If I get a positive on a certain day and then days later it is still positive I go by the first positive and that is when I ovulated. The thing with me is I feel ovulation about 2 days before it actually occurs, i get a pain in my side, this month it was really bad.

These OPK's are confusing, but after time you see that each month you may not ovulate at the same time. Have you thought about getting the digital OPK, they are so much easier to read..
Good Luck :hugs::hugs:

I found this website that I like about ovulation. https://www.pregnology.com/ovulating.php

Doesn't look positive to me, sorry.

It would usually be a thick line full of colour with a positive. Not only that but with my eyes it looks like the test line is lighter than the control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->