Confused about pre-conception appointment

Sapphia

Mum to a 28 weeker
Reaction score
I am planning to go for my pre-conception appointment about August/September time, but I am confused about who to book the appointment with. I have been doing a bit of research on the internet and some sites say to book the appointment with GP and others with Midwife. Which one is it?

Also, is it a good idea to take OH?

I just had a quick chat with the practice nurse when I was seeing her a while back... :)

I think a lot of people just go to their GP who'll set you up with whoever you're gonna need throughout the pregnancy, and make sure you're fit and healthy :) That's what my sister did, but I wouldn't know cos I don't have children XD lol good luck though :) xx

I went for mine with my GP last month, he just checked my blood pressure, weighed me, checked my rubella immunity, did a medicine review (I'm epileptic) and wished me good luck and said to go back when we get a BFP :) good luck xx

I went for mine on Friday with a GP.

He did a medicine review and advised I stop a certain medication and go back if this causes problems. Other than that I got asked if I was taking folic acid. I asked specifically for blood tests for rubella immunity and he also suggested hepatitis, HIV and syphillis as a pre-conception blood test check. I've had the blood test today.

Thanks for your replies - GP it is then!

What a pre-conception appointment?

They just check you over hun and you can ask questions, if you have any... I wanted to let my practice know I wanted a baby b/c of my MS too :)

Oh well the practice nurse knows I'm going to be TTC because I only wanted 3 packs of pill unstead of the normal 6. She just told me the best days to BD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->