Confused about rent

WanaBaba

Reaction score
Hi, I gave my landlord notice of moving out and I'm just confused about the rent. Ill try to explain.

We moved in 9th may (over two years ago) and payed a months rent plus bond on that day we moved in. Then our rent was going to be 9th every month but I asked if it could be changed to 20th as I got payed then, so I payed rent the day we moved in and then from the next month June it has always been 20th. Well fast forward two years, I gave him a months notice on 7th October and we will be moving out 7th November. So my rent has just been taken out today, (the normal amount, it is a standing order with the bank) and I will be moving out 7th November. So is this correct?

And also the landlord has not mentioned anything about the bond. Will he just sort this out the day we move out? Do we go to drop keys off to him on the 7th after all our stuff has been moved or will he come here?

I would say yes. You pay rent monthly in advance, so you paid on May 9th and then not again until June 20th. When you paid on 20th June, it covered June 9th - July 8th.

The rent you have paid today would cover October 9th - November 8th.

If you do not have an agent then I would think the landlord would come to you to do the check out. Did you have an inventory done when you moved in and is it being repeated on check out? The deposit should be registered/held with a deposit holding comany (your lease should detail who this is) and your landlord/agent authorises its release when the property is handed back (minus any agreed deductions).

Rent sounds right, you have paid up until the 8 November, all that changed was the payment date.
Landlord should come round and look everything over and then your bond will be returned.

Thanks that's what I thought about the rent, just wanted to make sure. We didn't do any kind of inventry or anything when we moved in. The landlord was here a couple weeks back taking pics of the house so he can market it, he was only here a few minutes though. Then I rang him to give notice and his wife turned up that day for me to sign to say I was moving out, I asked if hed be wanting to come back to check the place over and his wife said maybe but everything looks fine. I said so what happens now and all she said was well you'll move out on the 7th. Didn't say anything about bond or any other details really!

The bond should be returned up to 6 weeks after you movr out.

your deposit should be returned within 10n days of moving out.

is it protected?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->