Confused about scan and size

Penguin20

Reaction score
Hello

Few weeks back I went for a 28 week midwife appointment and she thought baby was small and I got sent for a growth scan at 28 weeks and got told she was perfect size.

Anyways today I had to go for a 32 week scan to check if my placenta moved it has yay :) but she referred me for another scan in 2 weeks as she thinks the baby is measuring small again and wants to see if she will get any bigger over the next 2 weeks, when looking over my notes it says that they think she weighs about 3lb 8oz which I thought was average size for 32 weeks
I know scans aren't always reliable and I know they are doing what they think is best but I'm just a bit puzzled if she is average weight why they think she is small unless I'm wrong about the 3lb 8oz being average lol

Just wondered if anyone had any experience or advice ?? Thank you :)

I think that is probably small. I had a scan at 31 weeks and my baby was just above the 50th centile (I think she was on the 52nd) an she was predicted to be 4lb4oz. She may have been breathing in during measurements so I wouldn't worry!

I've got another scan on Wednesday as at 28 our wee mite was measuring well at 2lb 11oz but at 34 she was only 4lb 6oz. I wouldn't worry yourself to much as some babies are just small, my DS was 5lb at 35+4 and perfectly healthy :). If your worried ask your midwife/doctor just to explain hun :).

they tend to get concerned if they think baby hasn't shown enough growth or if any part of their body is under the 10th centile line.
At a 35 week scan with my eldest was weighing 4lbs 4oz and was measuring at 32 weeks, born nearly a week later (was induced) and he was 4lbs 6oz. perfectly healthy came home with me 2 days later.
sometimes how they are laying effects the measurements.
with this one at my 20 week scan his legs were measuring 2 weeks behind and my growth scan Monday his legs were only 4 5 days behind.

I had a scan today and am under the 10th centile babys expected to be 2lb8 git loads of scans and had steroids today just incase x

I had a scan today and am under the 10th centile babys expected to be 2lb8 git loads of scans and had steroids today just incase x

My baby is estimated to be around 5lb already and I'm only 31 weeks. I hope the growth slows down soon lol. I'm huge. Hopefully your scan in 2 weeks shows more growth. They are just estimates though so not completely accurate

I've hada scan today at 36 + 3 and baby is measuring at 6lb 3oz, I normally have 8 and half pounders so this is about right for me..

I had my 32 week growth scan and baby roughly 3lb 6oz. I'm measuring just on 5th centile. They think they will induce at 37 weeks. She is growing each week just along the same line x

I am in the same boat as you Hun. I have been sent for growth scan at 31 weeks as the bump measured small and the baby is just under 50th centile and weight to be 3lbs something. Now I was measured small again and sent for another growth scan on tues! Also it will help to know if the baby is ok and ready for home birth. :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->