Confused about 'solids'

Dukechick

Wife & proud Mom of 2
Reaction score
I don't know why, but I'm so confused about giving new foods to Cameron!!!

1.) He's been having Rice Cereal once a day since he was about 5 months, and I think we're going to start giving him pureed foods pretty soon. Is THAT 'solid' food??? Or is real food (like cucumber, and pieces of fruits or veggies) considered the solids. I just don't get it!!!

2.) ALSO..... he has 2 bottom teeth now, are you supposed to wait until he has bottom AND top teeth to start giving him 'real food'?

3.) AND..... When we start introducing new pureed foods, does he get them at each bottle feed during the day? Or just start with one at a time? He gets rice cereal once at his first feed of the day.

I swear, learning all this stuff is giving me a nervous breakdown! hahahaha.....

Solids are anything other than milk and water. Amelie didn't get any teeth until she was 10 months old and we weaned at 5 months, and we did a mixture of finger foods and puree early on (so she was munching toast and things like cucumber and peppers quite easily with no teeth).
Start with one meal a day (which you're doing with his rice cereal). Then after a few weeks or whenever you feel he's ready, introduce a veg puree (sweet potato is a good one to start with, you can add formula or EBM to it to make it the right consistancy). When you're on 2 meals I'd do his cereal at breakfast and veg in the early evening for 'tea' (5pm or so).

HTH :)

Agreed, solids are anything other than milk or water.

Some say to hold off on finger foods until 7 months or above but we're doing BLW so my LO doesn't have any purees and just eats 'real' food. She's literally just got her first teeth in the last couple of weeks :D

As Blah said, start off with one meal, then work up to 2 and 3. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->