Confused about teething

P

petal040

My LO has been grumpy, with lots of poos, for about a week. She has been drooly for ages, and has been a little sniffly sounding for a couple of weeks.

Today I noticed a small white dot on her lower gum at the front. At baby group the HV said it is a tooth, and that she could also see the ridge of a second tooth at the front.

Is she now 'cutting a tooth' then? Like - is it coming through the gum? Or is it just the very beginning? How long does it usually take for the white dot to turn into an actual tooth?

I've put some Anbesol on her (on the advice of the HV) because she wasn't feeding well. She fed a little better but was interrupted by another big poo. :shrug:

It can take ages for the tooth to start cutting through. There seems to be argument over whether the white dots actually mean a tooth or not. Violet had the white dots where the canines will be but she's never had any signs of cutting those.

When the teeth are ready to start cutting, you might notice a little slit like a popped blister on the gum. There was no mistaking it when Violets started cutting through.

It took her months from starting to teeth to actually cut a tooth though.

HTH x

My LO was eight weeks when the first white dot appeared and cut her first tooth at 18 weeks I think it was? Might have been a bit longer. Normally though, one cuts and more follow :( There seem to be millions of teeth too, its like the teething never ends :lol:

It can take ages or they can just pop up with hardly a whimper! My DS was lucky, most of his seemed to just appear overnight. Poor DDs take ages and really hurt her. Teething salts seem to work really well (I know a lot of people say they don't but I really do find they help).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->