Confused! Any help appreciated :)

S0ftKitty

Reaction score
Hi :)
I'm 23 and placing myself in the NTNP section. I came off the contraceptive injection about 7-8 months ago and have been taking the pill to try and regulate my periods. I only took the pill for about 4 months because my periods came back very quickly although very heavy. So i have been NTNP for about 3-4 months.

The problem i'm having is more of a mental problem. When i'm not trying (have been with my bf for over 4years and at the beginning he wasn't ready) i was really miserable over the fact he wasn't ready as i wanted a baby so bad. Now he's finally ready and were NTNP i'm questioning it all. I hear all these horror stories about how your social life supposedly 'ends' when you have a baby etc so i'm worrying. I do suffer from depression and anxiety so i have obviously come off of my anti-depressants & diazepam to try :wacko:

Thank's so much for reading and any responses to this post will be greatly appreciated :)

Hi :)
I'm 23 and placing myself in the NTNP section. I came off the contraceptive injection about 7-8 months ago and have been taking the pill to try and regulate my periods. I only took the pill for about 4 months because my periods came back very quickly although very heavy. So i have been NTNP for about 3-4 months.

The problem i'm having is more of a mental problem. When i'm not trying (have been with my bf for over 4years and at the beginning he wasn't ready) i was really miserable over the fact he wasn't ready as i wanted a baby so bad. Now he's finally ready and were NTNP i'm questioning it all. I hear all these horror stories about how your social life supposedly 'ends' when you have a baby etc so i'm worrying. I do suffer from depression and anxiety so i have obviously come off of my anti-depressants & diazepam to try :wacko:

Thank's so much for reading and any responses to this post will be greatly appreciated :)

HI! :wave: thats not always the case for everybody. I know for some people their social life ends because their friends cant relate and that their friends know that your not gonna be able to party , drink, hangout ect because their pregnant/ and just had the baby. other times it ends becuase your new focus is the baby, and ive heard some mommies say that its hard to do things with a baby.. buttttt lol in my opinion i think there is a way of balancing it. you can still habg out with your friends either by taking your baby with you or using a babysitter. And facebook if you have it lol. im sure its harder but i think as long as you have some pretty good friends then i think youll be ok:thumbup: i hope this make sence lol:dohh:

also after the pregnancy some people do suffer from post partum depression , so try not to stress and no that everything is going to be ok and that your baby is totally worth it :flower:

You can most defiantly keep a social life up even if you do have a baby. I don't have much of one even now, But my closest friends know exactly how much I want a baby and how excited I am to be a Mum, that they are excited and counting down the months with me. Although they don't have children and aren't planning to have them as soon as me, they are excited to go along with my journey. We don't party very often as such, But they understand I probably wont ever get the chance once I have a little one but that's okay.

And another thing is mothers group. It will always be a great way to find other people in the similar boat to you, ladies who have babies who you can relate to and talk to about how your feeling after having a baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->