Confused doesn't even begin to explain...

stine0804

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am new here and I just registered after a couple weeks just browsing through and finding a lot of helpful information. I thought it was time to put my story out there to see whether there are others that went through what I went / am going through.

Not sure where to begin.... So I will just post my timeline starting with the day of my last period:

16.12. first day of last normal period.
27.12. did the deed (Fertility app "told me" I am fertile)
01.01. did the deed again for fun *grin*
11.01. negative test
12.01. + 13.01. period like bleeding but lighter and shorter
14.01. BFP !!!!
15.01. ER due to me being A negative and they basically told me there already that I will miscarry. (might be too early comments are made) HCG 96
19.01. next blood test - HCG 107 (doesn't look good, I know)
20.01. OBGYN - US is negative. Nothing. Uterus is empty. Again he tells me I will miscarry. (again too early comments are made)
25.01. (Today) next OBGYN appointment (different doc) and my Uterus still looks empty and the outlining wall has thickened as if I am about to get my period. Cervix is fully closed as if pregnant....

Blood test results to be seen tomorrow.

Now tell me this:
I have been cramping the whole time - sometimes more, sometimes less. My boobs are huge and hurt (on and off). I am nauseous usually at night. My sense of smell has heightened (both recently started) and I can feel a constant pulling and tugging in my uterus (even now). I have spotting on and off during the days but nothing major. My at-home HCG test today tells me still that I am pregnant.

Based on the normal calendar calculations I should be 5 weeks and 5 days BUT based on mine I am only just below 3 1/2 weeks (if I look at 01.01. deed and my assumption the 02.01. being my actual ovulation date against what the app says - too early there I think)....

Nothing indicates that I will miscarry (in my books) ....

Is it maybe really just too early for the US to see anything on???? I need to mention that my mom had her full period the first month she was pregnant with me and the two months after that she also still had major spotting... She didn't find out she was pregnant with me until the 4th month.

Please tell me I am not crazy for still believing in being pregnant even though every doctor is telling me I am not. :wacko: Please tell me there is still hope :cry:

Thank you! <3

By nothing on the ultrasound do you mean nothing at all or an empty sac? Even if you are really early there should be a sac at least just no visible yolk inside it. Are hpt getting darker? Intuition is a crazy thing. Sometimes we know better than doctors. I don't think you are crazy for feeling pregnant still but I would definitely be cautious. Have they checked for ectopic? Not to scare you but that's the first thing I thought of when you said it's an empty ultrasound. FX your little bean is just too small to see or the technician wasn't skilled enough to see anything.

Empty uteus uterus or empty sac? Because by now there should be a visible gestation sac. Unfortunately how you feel has nothing to do with it. I was nauseous sore boobs etc when I lost my first one at 9 weeks. Second one had a sac but empty. Still very pregnant feeling AND my hcg was right levels for an 8 week pregnanc . I hope for you everything is OK and baby is hiding thoug .

everything sounds relatively normal minus your hcg.. it should atleast increase by 60% every 48 hours.. like the previous poster said intuition is a strong thing! if you feel like you are okay, then you just might be!

I would wait and see what hcg levels are at this point. In a viable pregnancy, the hcg is supposed to double every 2 days, especially early on. And since your hcg is still really low (if you are indeed around 5 weeks) nothing will be seen on ultrasound. I'm kind of surprised they'd even do one at this point. My OB won't even attempt an ultrasound until hcg is over 1500. Good luck, hun. I hope it works out.

Thank you for the quick responses! :thumbup:

It is a completely empty uterus. No visible black "blob" (I guess that would be the sac) on the US or anything that would indicate a pregnancy. She showed me where the sac would be but it only shows a white line.

Cervix looks like pregnancy (fully closed)
Uterus looks like a normal uterus with a thickened lining as if I am about to have my period...

I am just so confused. Everything but the empty uterus and HCG (prior two values only) says I am pregnant. :wacko: and I just keep thinking I might still be too early on. I was hoping for clarity today. Either outcome would actually have been fine because I am at a point where I just want that - clarity - so I can move on. :cry: But still I don't have that. More waiting game I guess and that with me being suuuuch a patient person. :hissy:

With your hcg not rising any where near appropriately, I'm not sure that it sounds like very good news sorry xoxo

Calculations are correct... You would be around 5.5 weeks. At ovulation you are considered "2 weeks pregnant" so with o date of Jan 2nd assuming that's when it occurred you would be 5w2d. Unfortunately with the bleeding and the hcg that really didn't increase in 4 days I will say your Drs are probably correct. I'm sorry. It may have been too early to see anything just yet. But I think like someone said they need to make sure it's not ectopic and repeat your levels.

I had a similar situation where my hcg rose very slightly (2197 to 2270 in 48 hrs). I was 7 weeks along, though. The ultrasound showed 5 week sac.

I deal with analysis and data all the time. I chalked up the slight rise to testing error. My pregnancy ended in miscarriage.

Just sharing my experience. Hope it ends differently for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->