Confused .. hate opks!

sheeps24

A mummy!
Reaction score
Hey ladies hoping you can help ..

I really hate opks they confuse me .. I've been testing the last few days and according to ovia I will ov today .. I did an opks last night and thee was the faintest line .. I did one at 1pmy today and there was a faint line but you could clearly see it .. took another at 3:15 and it's barely visible .. does this mean it's on its on its way down from being positive and I've missed the positive or do you think it's because there wasn't long in between testing?

Annoyingly haven't dtd once this whole fertile week due to oh work schedule!

Attachments

• received_10158208506955451.jpg
    received_10158208506955451.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 12
Do you have PCOS? That can cause your OPk to be dark, then light, then dark, and everything in the middle!

Have you thought of using digital OPKs? No line guessing!

PS- are you taking the OPk at the same time every day?

ETA: i would go off the OPk, not the app.

I don't have PCOS .. I've only been doing them the last couple of fans and up unail last night and today's they have all been stark white negative ..

I've been doing 2 a day around about 1-2-3 ish and then again in the evening about 7

Mine vary. I started a few days ago in the afternoon, about 2pm ish, I think, had a faint line slightly darker than the test you have posted above. Following day barely visible from afternoon but about 9pm ish slightly more visible, then next day fainter until today when I tested about 8pm and think it's positive.
Best time of day between 2-9pm so I have read, I tend to get darker lines late afternoon/early/mid evening. If I pee on them in the AM I will have only a barely visible line.
I wouldn't rely solely on an app to tell you since your body can vary, could be you see a positive opk tomorrow. I wasn't expecting a dark line today after how light they were yesterday! I wouldn't assume ovulation yet, I would only count faint lines as a sign you already ovulated after having a significantly darker line. I know some don't get super dark lines as their positives so keep that in mind too

Mine from CD7, 8, & 9... to add actually my first is slightly lighter, rather than darker, than the test you posted above

Attachments

• IMG_5416.jpg
    IMG_5416.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 9
And now from this evening (CD10), which is leap and a half

Attachments

• IMG_5453.jpg
    IMG_5453.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 8
Thanks .. I rely on my app for the rough ish time then do opks .. if I remember from using them before I'm not sure I ever got fully positives but I will test again tomorrow .. I've tested this evening but it's pretty much white negative x

I use a few different apps and one of them is usually right, the others are a bit out though. The usually right app got it wrong last month, however! I guess keep doing opks afternoon and evening until you get a stronger line x

Opk from 7:30pm ..

Attachments

• received_10158214513470451.jpg
    received_10158214513470451.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 13
Opk from 9:30

Do you think I've had my positive inbetween that gap or do you think this is weak because it wasn't much hold?

Don't think we're going to get a chance to dtd anyway but I can put on ovia at least!

Attachments

• received_10158214523700451.jpg
    received_10158214523700451.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 0
Perhaps you saw the tail end of it on the strongest line you posted and you missed the peak somewhere in between as you said? That's quite a lot darker than the first photo you posted

Hi there, I've read that sometimes it's hard to catch the LH surge with OPKs since some women's surge is very short. Do you have any other O indicators such as EWCM? Also, I think the OPK can be positive 1-2 days before actual ovulation and temp shift.

Hi there, I've read that sometimes it's hard to catch the LH surge with OPKs since some women's surge is very short. Do you have any other O indicators such as EWCM? Also, I think the OPK can be positive 1-2 days before actual ovulation and temp shift.

i agree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->