• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

confused on dates!

MichelleLynne

Reaction score
I had an ultrasound done 2 weeks ago and the lady said I was measuring about 5 weeks 2 days. Yesterday (sept 15) I had another ultrasound and they said I was only measuring 5 weeks 4 days. Im confused on what to think about the dates. Has anyone had this happen?

That happened to me already. Last month, around August 21st, I was told I was about 17 weeks and 2 days, but the lady who did the ultrasound said it was only 16 weeks and 5 days. Then yesterday, I had another ultrasound because of supposed complications(there was nothing wrong, thankfully), and I was told I was 20 weeks and 4 days, but the baby was measuring 19 weeks and 5 days. However, the doctor told me if there is less than a 10 day difference, they aren't too worried.

As for your dates, though, I'm really not sure what to tell you. I'd maybe ask what could make you/the baby measure so far off based on the two ultrasounds. That is a bit confusing, and I wish I could offer more advice. Definitely keep on your doctor about the growth of your baby and things of that nature. That's all I can really think to do. Good luck!

I'm sorry hun but tbh, that doesn't sound good. Dates are often "off" but given you had 2 scans and such little growth in between you may find your pregnancy doesn't continue.

My experience was this. I had a scan at 8 weeks - baby measured 6w 2 days with a heartbeat. I was very sure of my dates so already alarm bells were ringing. I went back 12 days later baby measured 6w 5 days no heartbeat. It was a MMC and I had to have a D&C at 11 weeks.

I hope I am wrong and it's just rubbish measuring by the sonographer - but I want to be honest so you can prepare for the worst while hoping for the best.

Hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->