Confused on how many weeks I am

Oliviapiper

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

So My last Menstrual Cycle was August 12th. According to my doctor this is how they track your due date and how many weeks you are. This would put me at 6 weeks today. However I no I conceived on August 26th. Would this still make me 6 weeks? or 4 weeks and 1 day?

What makes me think I'm earlier is that I went for a ultrasound last Friday due to slow rising HCG levels and the technician couldn't see anything and the fact that my levels were slow rising at first.

What is everyone's thoughts?

You are 6 weeks. They count it from the first day of your last menstrual cycle - not when you ovulate. Your date might get changed once they do a dating scan depending on size of baby. The first two weeks you are "pregnant" you are actually on your period and the week before ovulation....just easier for them to track it this way since many women have no idea the exact date they ovulate...

When are you going for another scan?

I hope everything works out for you! Fingers crossed for sticky baby dust :flower:

I can speak from personal experience on my 2nd pregnancy now that is way off the date of my LMP. During my last pregnancy, my due date based on LMP would have been July 14th, but the ultrasound showed my son a whole week behind that and being due on July 21st. This was consistent the whole pregnancy.

This time, my LMP would have had me due around March 23rd. So, I deliberately lied and told them the first day of my LMP was a week behind what it was. Because I know my cycle and I know I ovulate a week later than the typical cycle. And I feel like a whole week off can make a huge difference in those early stages. Based on the false LMP, I would have been due on March 30th. But my first ultrasound showed me a week behind that! And now my due date is April 8th. Two weeks off is huge, but it is very possible. There is no set timeline for how these things happen. So, I would say go with when you know you ovulated and not by LMP because if it is 2 weeks off, that is major. And that would have you at 42 weeks at the end when you'd really be 40 weeks.

Now if your ultrasound varies largely from your LMP, they often change your due date. That's what happened with me this time. She said that when it is more than 7 days' difference, they change it.

Its very hard to see anything at 6 weeks and earlier as the baby is sooo small still.

Don't be discouraged though, with baby #2 my HCG was only in the 100s at 5 weeks, this time around with number 3 they were already at 2999 at just under 5 weeks! (no idea with my first as I didn't get in for blood work until I was like 7 weeks along..military hospital back then!)

Ovulating Aug 26 is actually spot on for LMP being Aug 12. You are a textbook case hah. like whattoexpect said, you are 6 weeks pregnant. That's just the way they count it.

My LMP was July 1, which would make me 12+1. However, when I went to my first OB appointment she dated me 12 days behind. My cycles were a little messed up due to the D&C I had in May, so this made sense. Everything's been going good since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->