confused over opks: positive on day 29 and then day 53...

Webby

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm not looking for answers but for people to maybe share their insights on similar experiences.
For reasons I won't go into, my husband and I were told we had to start trying for a baby straight away if we wanted kids.

I came Femodene pill in February and got my withdrawal bleed. I started using digital opks and got a positive on 29. We bd'd before, on the day and the days following the test. I did start experiencing symptoms a week after of sore nipples, cramping etc. but have read that that can also be a sign of your hormones getting back into place after coming off the pill.

After two BFN I randomly started using OPK again and I just got a positive on day 53 and 54. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm wondering if I did not ovulate the first time? I've started temp charting now so I will hopefully be able to know whether I've actually ovulated this time round.

Hi, yes it could be that your body geared up to O the first time but for some reason it didn't happen - so now it's trying again. Would definitely recommend temping so you can track what's going on moving forwards. Otherwise some people get positive opks when pregnant, have you tried a hpt recently?
Good luck x

Thanks so much for your reply. I'll definitely keep on with the temping. I'm fairly new to the temp charting so am I correct in thinking that my temperature will stay high if I've ovulated?
I took an hpt yesterday and it was negative so will see how things go this time around...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->