• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Confused...Please help!!!

natasja32

Mum to 4 boys
Reaction score
I have been using my opks for the first time. I posted saterday with my opk and added a pic and got advice saying it looked positive. Now im confused as im not sure i have. Please could you take a look and tell me what you think. This evenings opk was taken at 7.30. Do you think ive ovulated? All advice is welcome. Thanks girls.

Attachments

• IMG_4610more.jpg
    IMG_4610more.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 41
It is possible to have a surge that doesn't result in ovulation, so it could be that you haven't ovulated yet. I would really recommend temping as well as using the opks, as you will see a sustained rise in temperature just after you do ovulate (which should coincide nicely with an LH surge), so you won't be left wondering if you have or not after you get nice lines on those tests :D

P.S. I'm not intentionally stalking you around the TTC section :lol: x

It is possible to have a surge that doesn't result in ovulation, so it could be that you haven't ovulated yet. I would really recommend temping as well as using the opks, as you will see a sustained rise in temperature just after you do ovulate (which should coincide nicely with an LH surge), so you won't be left wondering if you have or not after you get nice lines on those tests :D

Aw thanks hun. Im struggling with the opks at the moment. Im so dim not sure how im going to get through the temping bit.:shrug: So should i keep testing and start temping too then?

P.S. Ive never had a stalker...and i dont mind it being you!:hugs:

Aw thanks hun. Im struggling with the opks at the moment. Im so dim not sure how im going to get through the temping bit.:shrug: So should i keep testing and start temping too then?

I'll keep stalking you then :D

As long as you can take your temperature as soon as you wake up every day (at the same time if possible) before you do anything else (no talking, drinking, getting out of bed :lol:) you should soon get used to it...although having said that I woke up so many times, stuck my thermometer in my mouth and then woke up again with it still there half an hour later :rofl: It's just so much easier to see what's going on with your cycles (and less stressful trying to work things out) when you have 2 things to rely on instead of just the opks. If you join fertilityfriend (if you haven't already) you can plot your temps on there and there is so much useful info available when you join x

I'll keep stalking you then :D

As long as you can take your temperature as soon as you wake up every day (at the same time if possible) before you do anything else (no talking, drinking, getting out of bed :lol:) you should soon get used to it...although having said that I woke up so many times, stuck my thermometer in my mouth and then woke up again with it still there half an hour later :rofl: It's just so much easier to see what's going on with your cycles (and less stressful trying to work things out) when you have 2 things to rely on instead of just the opks. If you join fertilityfriend (if you haven't already) you can plot your temps on there and there is so much useful info available when you join x

i looked at fertilityfriend but i find it so confusing. Did another opk at 11.30 today and they dont seem to be getting lighter. :growlmad: Maybe im not ovulating this month. That would suprise me as ive just got such crap luck.:cry:

:hugs:

dont really no what to suggest other than keep testing and :sex: and hope you get that eggy :hugs:

i say the 8th one looks the strongest out the lot of them but i dont know your cycle or what day your on so i couldnt really say hun im sorry xxx

i think the 8th is dark ! what type of opk are you using... have in mind that there was a post on here saying how she never got a line as dark as the control line on the cheapies opks but once she used the clearblue ones she got a smiley (positive)

do u remember feeling any "o" pains ?

maybe you catched the surge when it was ending ? some say we should use opks twice a day ....:dohh: do some know how expensive some opks are?!

i would say join " fertility friend " dont worry about not getting right temp. because of your 3 year old waking you up ... you will get some kinda pattern and ff will always point out when it thinks you are ovulating!!!

good luck hunny !hope this is your magical month!:hugs:

i looked at fertilityfriend but i find it so confusing. Did another opk at 11.30 today and they dont seem to be getting lighter. :growlmad: Maybe im not ovulating this month. That would suprise me as ive just got such crap luck.:cry:

:hugs: If you keep going I'm sure they will...it's always so hard on the first month when you have no idea what your cycle is going to do.

Your ticker says you still have 8 days left until ovulation - is that just based on your cycle length? If your cycles are quite regular you probably do still have a few days left before you do ovulate x

:hugs: If you keep going I'm sure they will...it's always so hard on the first month when you have no idea what your cycle is going to do.

Your ticker says you still have 8 days left until ovulation - is that just based on your cycle length? If your cycles are quite regular you probably do still have a few days left before you do ovulate x

Hey sweetpea...my cycles use be 28 days,but since having Bodhi they have changed to 33-34 days. Ive just done tonight one and they are definately getting darker again. Its so frustrating and confusing. Ive got tingly nipples and like period pain too. Feels like im going to come on. Which is odd.Loads of cm that is watery and milky.Sorry i no its grose!:dohh: I have no idea whats going on.:shrug:

Hey sweetpea...my cycles use be 28 days,but since having Bodhi they have changed to 33-34 days. Ive just done tonight one and they are definately getting darker again. Its so frustrating and confusing. Ive got tingly nipples and like period pain too. Feels like im going to come on. Which is odd.Loads of cm that is watery and milky.Sorry i no its grose!:dohh: I have no idea whats going on.:shrug:

Could be fertile cm so it could be that you're about to ovulate in the next couple of days - don't give up on the opks yet if you've still got some left! :hugs:

Fingers crossed for you x

Watery cm is fertile cm...hunny i dont know maybe you are about to ovulate?
unless did you :sex: the day before the watery cm? i've noticed that i usually have watery cm after :sex: even if i've already ovulated...

oh sweety i wish i could help you more... some times i wish i was a doctor!!!!

Are your lines getting any darker? x

Hey hun...no they not.:cry: I am not sure now whats going on:shrug: Maybe im not ovulating.:cry: My opks are 40miu i think,would that make much difference??

It shouldn't make a difference - the less sensitive they are, the less likely they are to pick up lower amounts of LH (it's present all the time and obviously you only want to detect the surge).

The fact that you're getting lines is great - I'm sure you will be ovulating at some point (if you haven't already, and your lines have been really nice and dark)...it might just take a couple of cycles to work out when. Best thing to do is to have lots and lots of :sex: so you don't miss it whenever it is! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->