confused! some clarification?

S

stardust85

Hi :)

We have started to ttc and I have got my 1st ovulation kit today, have to say I'm a little confused...I've decided they may help as I don't really have a cycle I can calculate due to endometriosis :( most of the time I have 2 weeks period free after one ends....sometimes though it is far less and sometimes more...my last period started on 24/08 can someone tell me if they have any idea when i would have/am going to ovulate? The test showed a line today but a fairly faint one, not so faint you can barely see but no where near as dark as the control line if that makes sense...would this indicate i already ovulated? we:sex: on 4/08 and 8/08 can anyone piece it all together??:wacko: lol. xxx

I'd put up a photo but i'm not sure what to click to attach one? xx

We have started to ttc and I have got my 1st ovulation kit today, have to say I'm a little confused...I've decided they may help as I don't really have a cycle I can calculate due to endometriosis :( most of the time I have 2 weeks period free after one ends....sometimes though it is far less and sometimes more...my last period started on 24/08 can someone tell me if they have any idea when i would have/am going to ovulate? The test showed a line today but a fairly faint one, not so faint you can barely see but no where near as dark as the control line if that makes sense...would this indicate i already ovulated? we:sex: on 4/08 and 8/08 can anyone piece it all together??:wacko: lol. xxx

hi : well if you have the two line test you should have a T close to the colour lid and a c on the other end of the little box. The controll *the c part* will always come up a dark pink the test line *the T* part needs to be the same colour pink or darker than the controll line*the cpart* once the test line is equal to the contoll line pink or darker that is time to start trying. I have done a lot of reading and what I understand is you will have 12-36 hrs to fertilize so you will want to DTD twice that day if possible but at least once and also for the next three days give a day break and once more to try as there is a cetain number of hrs sperm can wait for the egg to drop. you can go online and google ovulation calculator and based on your cycle 28 days or what ever that # in and see what the suggestion of your ovulation is and i would then start testing 8-5 days depending on how you feel before what it says as it is a rough idea the 8-5 days is what I have read as a suggestion and once you get the test line equal to the controll line or darker DTD and you can test a few days after you get that as it will show fertial days you can see the line get darker and darker so a good rule of thumb i have read is DTD every 2-3 days so do it before as it will be helpful for you to have DTD the night before you ovulate so you will want to have sex even before the test says ovulate as it just tells you when you are fertile but it isn't hr specific. I hope this helps if you have any questions feel free I have done a lot of reading from the first time we were trying as I didnt know much about the female functions but I lost my son after delivery so we are not trying again and Iam using the ovulation test as well. I hope this helps !

Gosh it's confusing!! thank you :) I am so sorry to hear that you lost your son :( :hugs: xxx

I have looked at ovulation calculators but to be honest I feel like I am just guessing as my cycle varies so much so I don't really have a clue...I did one last week and it was around the time we had sex..but wether that is accurate or not i really don't know...

i came off my period roughly the 30/08 (but again they linger for a while though not really a period so its again difficult to tell:wacko:)

I have attached a photo (figured out how!lol) this was earlier, do you know if this would indicate that i have already ovulated? or about to ovulate? gosh this would be alot easier to figure out if i had a steadier cycle! :( xxxx

Attachments

• ov.jpg
    ov.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 11
from the pic i wouldn't think so ... how ever how many days of testing did you do ?? because it is possible that your line just won't be as dark to be positive ... most of the time it is suppose to look like the controll line exactly or darker..

so for example... if you were testing for several days and had no line on the test line then I would say that your pic is a positive.

if you did have faint lines i would say that that is a positive ...

yes very difficult ... so you do not have regular cycle ? my problem is I have only had two cycles since the csection and I have always been 28 days but my second one was the first time I would have been able to count the cycle days and it was 34 so it hard for me to figure out so I used these test and i tested for 8 days before I got what i think was positive because the test line was very dark pink more than the controll line... i also tested one day after and the line went back down to lighter than the controll line .... I would suggest charting for you if you are not regular. As well as learning the difference in cervix mucus... sounds bad but apparently when ovulating it changes some good example's online if you type signs of ovulation

That is really helpful thanks :) no I don't :( It's going to be very hard for me to get it right I think! I am going to start charting as you say or Im just literally going to be guessing!! see I bought them today because I have pains int he ovary area and so wondered if it was maybe ovulation...but as you say probably not as looked an from the start day of my last period according to ovulation calcs for me to be arounf the time of ovulation now it would mean that my cycles would have to be more than 28 days...which they never are I have too many periods and never go past that that i can recall, just quite often will come off for a week and then have another, they last for varying times too..sometimes up to 9/10 days... I think you have the best idea I'll have to form some kind of chart and then do regular ovualtion tests around that time i think....

That is really helpful thanks :) no I don't :( It's going to be very hard for me to get it right I think! I am going to start charting as you say or Im just literally going to be guessing!! see I bought them today because I have pains int he ovary area and so wondered if it was maybe ovulation...but as you say probably not as looked an from the start day of my last period according to ovulation calcs for me to be arounf the time of ovulation now it would mean that my cycles would have to be more than 28 days...which they never are I have too many periods and never go past that that i can recall, just quite often will come off for a week and then have another, they last for varying times too..sometimes up to 9/10 days... I think you have the best idea I'll have to form some kind of chart and then do regular ovualtion tests around that time i think....

wow that would be very difficult ... well i have done some reading and it is a small percent but you may be one of them that you can feel some pain in that area should be on one side from what i read iam no expert i have just done a lot of reading for myself as I trying to do the same however based on the fact i have only had two cycles since my csection i don't know what to follow lol .. and the worst part is they say ovulation should be around 14 days after your period and before your next but depending on things like stress or work or diet they are all tricky little factors... well I found a great webside online to get ovulation test from and way cheaper than the store so worst case you just pee on a lot of sticks lol and try and this is a big one relax and not stress about it funny thing is it is easier to say and then do especially since iam doing the same lol read some charting online and about being able to tell signs of ovulation in your body there is suppose to be some tell tail signs, doctors can also help but i guess that depends where your located I think

wow that would be very difficult ... well i have done some reading and it is a small percent but you may be one of them that you can feel some pain in that area should be on one side from what i read iam no expert i have just done a lot of reading for myself as I trying to do the same however based on the fact i have only had two cycles since my csection i don't know what to follow lol .. and the worst part is they say ovulation should be around 14 days after your period and before your next but depending on things like stress or work or diet they are all tricky little factors... well I found a great webside online to get ovulation test from and way cheaper than the store so worst case you just pee on a lot of sticks lol and try and this is a big one relax and not stress about it funny thing is it is easier to say and then do especially since iam doing the same lol read some charting online and about being able to tell signs of ovulation in your body there is suppose to be some tell tail signs, doctors can also help but i guess that depends where your located I think

sounds like we are in a similar tricky boat!! Yes I read that about 14 days after period you ovulate...if that was the case though then I would never have chance to ovulate half the time because id be on my next period lol!! yes it certainly looks like I will be peeing on an awful lot of sticks! oh well we do what we have to do eh? You do seem to know your stuff!! no doubt I will end up the same and have it planned and charted to the max. The test I used today was a pack of 5 for £1.50..it seems im going to have to buy in bulk though i think!!haha.xxxx

Just to say I did another test today out of curiosity and it was barely visible wayyyy fainter than yesterday so wether that means i had actually already ovulated and it was the end of it im not sure!xx

ya we women really do what we need to do that is for sure lol ... Iam hoping that iam pregos now but its still a bit early to tell from what i read I ovulated on the 3rd I have a doc appoint in two days but since I have only had two cycles since my c-section i haven't been able to do anything except pee on that stick lol ... ya I have had the last 2 months to do a lot of reading and well I was waiting to be cleared my my obgyn to start trying all i did was read cuz it really is all i can think about .
sounds like it is hard with the way your cycle is have you ever asked the doc y that may be ?

Hi, sorry to hear u have ENDO as well. There is hope I had/ still have it and it was advanced but I now have 2 children. I was and still am just like u and have my period 7-14 days long very painful and frustrating. I did however still have a regular 29 day cycle from day 1 of bleed right through to the day 1 of my next bleed, so what we did was to go with that info and assume I would ovulate on day 14/15. TMI but even if I was on the last few RED days we still DTD. We are now TTC baby number3 and have just started to use OPK but I know nothing about them. Sorry to hear of your loss Celticwoman. x

Hi, sorry to hear u have ENDO as well. There is hope I had/ still have it and it was advanced but I now have 2 children. I was and still am just like u and have my period 7-14 days long very painful and frustrating. I did however still have a regular 29 day cycle from day 1 of bleed right through to the day 1 of my next bleed, so what we did was to go with that info and assume I would ovulate on day 14/15. TMI but even if I was on the last few RED days we still DTD. We are now TTC baby number3 and have just started to use OPK but I know nothing about them. Sorry to hear of your loss Celticwoman. x

Its nice to hear from someone who has endo and has 2 children :) how long did it take you to conceive the first time?

I'd say I roughly have 2 weeks off inbetween periods but this varies (sometimes can be just a week!) I never go longer than a 28 day cycle, mine are too frequent if anything. I seen to be constantly getting infections and things bc I have to use tampons so much :( I have really doubted if it was ever going to happen for me as it seems to be one thing after another where all that is concerned so you have given me hope :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->