confused..

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Lilpreciouse, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Lilpreciouse

Lilpreciouse pregnant 2 trimester

so im about 5 weeks pregnant i think i found out by doctor by pee test.

so i booked a blood test for two weeks

but i dont have a clue what happens after.

could some one shed a lil light plz... i am in the uk

2. Misscalais

Misscalais Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how it works in the UK sorry.

3. KrissyC

KrissyC Well-Known Member

After my.trip to the docs at 5 weeks I got 2 letters from the NHS. The first was just for a blood test, to discuss any allergies etc. That was at 9 weeks. My second appointment is next week (wk 11) for my scan.

4. Bumblebee2408

Bumblebee2408 Mummy to 2, pregnant with #3

Call your Doctors and ask them the next step as when I found out I called them and had to phone my local area midwife and then go down to collect my notes so I can fill them in ready for our first appointment at 7wks. We've also been able to book an early scan through our midwife due to previous miscarriages.

So speak with your surgery cause I know some do it different.

Hope this helps and Congratulations xxxxx

5. FabPop

FabPop Well-Known Member

Its different all over the UK, im in Wiltshire & had my booking appointment Monday around 8 weeks, now I have to wait for my 12 week scan date to come through the post & when I go for that i have to get bloods done! Your doc really should have put u in contact with a midwife to arrange ur booking appointment, id give ur docs a call & get the midwife centres number! Good luck xx

6. Fairydust22

Fairydust22 Mum of 5 TTC my miracle

Hiya I'm in the uk I sent off my urine sample to confirm the pregnancy I'm just waiting for the midwife to book me a appointment I'm hoping it's soon as I have not heard anything yet

7. stouffer

stouffer Well-Known Member

Your GP has probably sent off a referral to the midwives in your local hospital. You'll probably hear back from them in a couple of weeks. Maybe double check with your GP surgery to make sure.

You have a booking appointment with a midwife around 10 weeks. They ask about your medical history, check your pee and usually take a blood sample to check for conditions that may affect the baby.
    Usually you'll get your first scan around 12 weeks.

It really depends on your health trust though. Where I am we get the scan and booking appointment at the same time around 10 weeks.

8. Dougal1983

Dougal1983 Pregnant with #1

I went to GP at 4 weeks, she referred me to midwife, who I've just seen for my booking appt (I'm now 8 weeks) she did my blood tests as well and I got my 12 week scan date through the post a couple of weeks ago. Roll on November 6th!

9. Rach79

Rach79 Well-Known Member

I am in Scotland, Glasgow area and I was at the Docs for another reason and told him then I was pregnant and I was only few days. I had to sign a form that he said was a right to be pregnant, I have no idea what that was but he said as I am so young?? I am 27 and been with my partner for 8 yrs!! I had never seen him before and I do look young and he didn't have my notes yet, but he could have asked my age, he laughed at 8 yrs together, he was odd.

Anyway WEEKS later I got my appointments in I have one at 12 weeks for blood work etc and a scan at 13, both at the local birthing centre. It has been a very long wait