Confused...

impatient1

Mommy to 1 Angel & 2 DD
Reaction score
Ok so I am a little confused right now and looking for some thoughts I guess. I am 2 weeks and 2 days late now, have taken a few pregnancy tests but have come back :bfn: however the last two had a few dots where the positive line would be. Has anyone ever had this happen before as I have not. They were cheapies and I am trying not to look too much into it. I am currently getting back on track after some issues I was having with weightloss (lost 19 lbs in a year and a month) and did nothing to lose it, started when I got pregnant last year. So truthfully I am not sure if my lack of period could be due to stress, whatever could have been causing my weightloss (not my thyroid as I had it checked), late ovulation or being pregnant. I have had some weird feelings in my lower abdomen primarily on my left hand side, and have had some nausea. I haven't had cramps as bad and annoying as I did last time when I got pregnant though or been as emotional and tired. Should I try testing again or just wait it out and see if the :witch: ever shows her face. Oh I forgot to mention that last time I had gotten pregnant the test was a clear positive the first day of my period being due.

Hey impatient-Have you had your hormones checked ? (LH, progesterone, etc) If your period is that late and you aren't getting BFP's, I would call your doctor. He or she can order some labs to see if you are having a hormonal imbalance which could also account for your weight loss.

:hi: impatient. Its probably a faulty test. I am having a long cycle like you it seems.. Maybe what you are feeling is ovulation.. Some woman can feel a lot of pain, some a little.

:hugs:

Hey impatient-Have you had your hormones checked ? (LH, progesterone, etc) If your period is that late and you aren't getting BFP's, I would call your doctor. He or she can order some labs to see if you are having a hormonal imbalance which could also account for your weight loss.

I never thought of anything like that. The only thing that has been checked is my thyroid, and that came back negative. I have another appointment with him in May, but if I don't get a period by my next expected on then I will try to get in to see him or an after hours clinic (think he is on vacation for a bit).

:hi: impatient. Its probably a faulty test. I am having a long cycle like you it seems.. Maybe what you are feeling is ovulation.. Some woman can feel a lot of pain, some a little.

:hugs:

Yesh I have had ovulation pains before but this has been going on for almost 3 weeks now. That's what I'm thinking too, faulty tests, wasn't sure if anyone has ever had it happen before or not.

Have these tests been from different boxes though? Bought at separate times? Or all at once?
I would ask him to check your hormone levels as well as do an pelvic ultrasound.

They were all the same kind bought at seperate times, the two with the dots were from the same box but done a few days apart so probably just faulty tests I'm assuming.

You're probably right about those tests then. Something is going on with you though. What were your cycles like before this started?

Before I got pregnant last year they were about 4 days long and started out heavy diminishing. 2 months before I got pregnant I did have an episode where my period was 2 weeks late but then it came on and the next was normal. After my D&C they have been fairly normal about 31 days or so, however the past couple months they have been on and off (meaning I would have a period full on and then stop for 12 hours and go on as if it never stopped). The last one I had was off and on pretty much every other day (one day I would be on and the next I would stop for 12 hours and then back on and the next day I would stop for 12 hours for about 5 days (never had this happen to me before). The weightloss also started when I got pregnant last year as well. I am thinking it could be due to stress, I dunno anymore. I am at a loss for an exact explanation, guess I am going to try to get into the doctor and see what he is saying.

I really do think that is your best choice. You'll have answers and it may offer insight as to why your lost your pregnancy. The doctor may be able to start you on some meds to regulate your cycles and give you a better chance at getting that BFP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->