Confused

Viking15

Mommy
Reaction score
So, I'm confused this month. It's never really been much trouble to pin down my ovulation date because my temps normally show it very clearly. This month I'm a little worried. I never got a +opk. (I'm worthless at holding my bladder) and my temp hasn't bounced way up like it normally does. I have been much more diligent this month about the time I take my temp just as an experiment. I hope tomorrow shows a clearer picture. I think I'm just panicking because I never got a +opk. I think I would have gotten one Friday morning but I was in Bogota and had run out of strips! I got the urine ready but was so annoyed when I was digging around in my bag and found no strip :dohh: I usually have excellent Opks so I'm worried maybe unnecessarily? What do you think?

I think when you input tomorrow's temp FF will prob draw crosshairs on CD14, but if you're really stressing about it, try faking a higher temp for tomorrow now and see if it gives you cross hairs.

Yeah i think NorthStar is right you will get the X hairs on cd14 so don't stress too much :hugs::hugs:

Argh. Still no crosshairs. Maybe my body tried but didn't quite make ovulation this cycle? I haven't had that happen before, but every cycle is different. Trying to be patient. A few more temps until I give up hoping for this cycle.

IDK I still say CD14 looks good, so maybe another high temp tomorrow (4 consecutive days) is what FF is looking for, I wouldn't throw in the towel yet.

Yes or maybe you can discard the temp from cd12?

Excellent idea - try clicking the discard box on CD12 and see if you get cross hairs then, but another high temp tomorrow I think would do it.

BOO. Discarded and still no crosshairs. I'm in Barcelona today. I took my temp at 9 instead of 7 and adjusted it. I think if I hadn't adjusted it I might have gotten crosshairs. Do I dare? I made a promise to myself that I would be true to 7am this month. That's why I have so many discarded temps. My lovely crazy schedule...

I tested it out. Didn't get any crosshairs. Finally get to actually try this month and I guess my body didn't want to play ball. :nope:

FF is a tricky little fecker, and just because it didn't pick up O doesn't mean it didn't happen....I can see a biphasic pattern on your chart, I think it's the pre O temps that are the problem and I know with your work schedule that is always going to be a prob.

Don't despair though missy you can manually set it if you like? Go to Ovulation Detector/Tuner/Override.

I totally agree with NS; I say you OV on CD14 or 15.

NS, I did change the battery in it. I can't remember exactly when that was. I don't know if that would do anything? It seems my temps are lower this month. I'm not doing anything differently other than trying to be more consistent with the timing. My coverline in the past few months is usually at 97.4 ish. And I'm still below that after my supposed O date. I was really expecting it to be CD14 too. I think I need Dmom to look. I will have to go thread crashing... Thanks for all your support!!!! I am pretty frustrated right now. I feel for all the girls out there who have trouble with Oing. Hopefully I am not going to be joining their ranks.

I would manually enter the x-hairs for CD15 and keep CD14 in the back of your mind.

Keep adjusting your temps as needed and don't worry about temps being lower or higher from cycle to cycle; all that matters is looking for the OV dip.

In reality, a coverline is not worth a hill of beans; it's just an average for you to have a visual.

Since you had the EWCM on those two days, I say you're good to go, lol.

I think you are both chart reading superstars! Thank you both!
Question: Since the only way to confirm ovulation is with a temp rise what do you think it going on? I'm not cold in the mornings. I am stressed, but not any more so than usual. I am surprised to see that you think the coverline temp isn't important. Do you both ( I really wanted to type y'all) have fairly consistent coverline temps if you aren't messing with your cycle, like the one time you did with soy, Dmom?

I think your pre-OV temps are throwing the rest of your chart; just like NS said.

If you click on my chart, you will see that my temps fluctuate cycle to cycle...

The coverline is just a visual for you to judge the dips; as long as you stay above it, for the most part, it doesn't make a difference where it is.

Btw, y'all would've been fine with me, lol.

What Dmom said about the coverline :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

My coverline varies cycle to cycle within a range of about 0.1C (not being American I chart in metric LOL) and there doesn't have to be any great meaning attached to that, as Dmom says it's looking for the lower temps leading up to O, Ovulation dip, and the sustained rise, which is what confirms O.

I would over-ride FF and manually set the O date as you have enough data to indicate it's occurred :winkwink:.

Well, after this morning's temp I'm not going to fret that ovulation occurred anymore. Care to call a date?

Nice one, I'm still saying Cd14/15. Did you have EWCM on CD15, or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->