Confusion between bbt & opk ect :-/

Cajadaem

Reaction score
Hiya. Please could i have some advice from seasoned professionals here?
This ttc lark is beginning to drive me insane :wacko:
So, i'm on ttc cycle #5 after coming off bcp. My cycles have been anything but regular since! I had the same confusion of fertility signs last month as i am having now. And i am also using agnus castus this cycle to try and help lenghten my luteal pase.
Anyway, i have been having fertility signs since Friday, starting with cramps and ewcm. I had positive opk's Saturday night & Sunday, along with strong cramps and ewcm, and peak days on my cbfm. I personally feel i ovulated on Sunday, going by what i was feeling & seeing. But my temp still has not risen.
Last month i had same kind of issue, my temp rose 3 days after i expected i had ovulated.
What is really going on? I have had negative opk's since yesterday.
My chart is in my sig. :thumbup:

Hiya!
It is possible for your body to gear up to ovulation, and then just not release an egg. If this happens, it tend to do it again later in your cycle...for me it takes about a week for my body to catch up and start again...
Keep charting and keeping an eye and do lots of BDing just in case, but it sounds like this is whats possibly happening. x

I think you should get your crosshairs tomorrow if you get another temp that is increasing. The way fertility friend works is you need 3 temps higher than your previous 6. So your one on CD9 is probably what is keeping your crosshairs from coming quicker. It will likely still place your O day as CD 14, but you will need the temps following that to be higher than the previous 6. Hope this helps! Also, you can adjust the FF settings to a different method for yourself. Some ladies like the advanced (which takes into account CM, CP, OPK and temp), some just like temp which would be more FAM, you could also use the OPK setting if you know that is a strong symptom for you. Just always remember you will need three days of temps after O before you get any crosshairs on FF if using Advanced or FAM.

Will see what happens tmoz :-/ I think my head is going to explode just thinking of it. I am waiting to start using my progesterone cream, so really wanted to know i've ov'd already. Think i will just start it tnite and hope for the best x

Agreed. Sometimes you can gear up then not o. Mine usually takes a week or two to catch up, but this cycle it only took a couple of days. Looking at your chart it's not uncommon for you to get positives or fertility signs before o happens. And when in doubt always trust the temps over all else. I would keep temping and doing your opks and bding until you see a clear thermal shift

Firstly, I just want to offer some caution about Vitex. Your cycles look like they aren't irregular and are fairly normal in length. Vitex can turn regular cycles into irregular cycles and do much more harm than good. It's a powerful vitamin and if I was you I wouldn't be taking it unless you've been given recommendation from a doctor.

If you're trying to lengthen your LP, there are other ways to do it. Vitamin B6 is generally much safer and also natural progesterone cream may help (but it's best to check your progesterone levels first).

Like the others have said, it's possible your body was just gearing up to O. Are you still doing OPKs? It's possible that they'd still be positive if you were still testing. Based on your last few months, you'll probably see a temp rise in the next few days so keep BDing.

My cycles are definately not regular as they once were! I have always had 30 day cycles, cd16 ovulation and a 14 day luteal phase. Until now. Now i have anything from 25-28 days, and a 9-11 day luteal phase, 9 most so far.
This is not normal for me. I have b6 complex for next month. I have taken agnus castus this month from cd1 to cd14. FF gave me crosshairs this morning, putting ovualtion @ sunday CD13. I started the progesterone cream last night. Agnus castus may have bought forward my ovulation this cycle, as its earlier than usual. If i get a minimum 10day luteal phase this time i will be happy. I am going away on Saturday, so wont have to think about it for a few days, and will have little internet access, if any. If i havent had AF visit before i come home, i will test on the day we leave our holiday, 2nd September, thats my other halfs birthday too, so would be a nice suprise if i had a positive :)

I wish I could offer more insight but there really don't seem to be patterns with your previous Os. The only thing that is consistent is your temp shift. Which I know FF gave you crisshairs but a .2 rise that is staying around .2 doesn't look like O to me.

I'm not going to temp next month. I dont think its reliable enough to me. I take my temp at same time everyday, but i'm not a great sleeper lately, and toss & turn & disturb various times throughout the night. I don't think i will do anything at all really, i'm selling my monitors, and wont get any opk's. I think will just bd between cd10 & cd18. Less to think about, although will still use preseed as i can be quite dry, so find that helps.

That could help. I'm sorry temping hasn't worked out for you. I think that is what my doctor said for no fuss. Just DTD every day from cd 10-20 if I don't want to chart or do opks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->