Conjunctivitus

J

Jade--x

I've got conjunctivitus :(

And I can't use the eye drops because they're not suitable doing pregnancy.

Does anyone have any advice on what can help the horrible icky sticky feeling and irritating apart from cold the cold tea bag thing because that makes me sick :sick:

I am not sure, but didnt want to read and run! So sorry, I hope you get better soon! Pink eye is horrible, I cant imagine not being able to take the drops.

I'd go to the doctor and get something that is going to clear it up asap. It's sooo contagious, you don't want to be passing it onto your lo or anything.

Hi, I had this when TTC and the pharmacist gave some antibiotic eye drops. I noticed you shouldn't use them if pg or TTC so gave her a call. She swapped them for antiseptic eye drops but it cleared up on it's own before I got chance to try them. Might be worth looking at something like that?

There is some antiseptic drops available at Tesco which have a natural antibiotic in them, I used these when I thought I had started with conjuctivitus - very soothing and you can put them in as often as you like.

Also bathe your eyes with boiled and cooled salted water, definately keep your our towel.

Conjunctivitus is self limiting infection therefore it will eventually clear on it's own it's just the uncomfortableness you experience not good :nope:

Hope this helps, if no relief definately see you dr ...hope it goes quick x

Thanks I rang GP for an emergency app on friday because it was LO that got it first and I ended up getting it from him..The GP wouldn't see him and it was too long to wait so I went to the pharmacist (I was in asda already when I saw his eye with yellow in it and he'd been saying his eye hurt in the car but I thought it was the sun in his eyes :() and they gave him the drops. I asked them what I could take with me being pregnant and he said I'd have to book in with GP because there isn't really anything he could give me..And to just bathe it in warm water which hasn't helped at all and I can't get a GP app until thur..And by that time it will have hopefully cleared up. Mines no where near as bad as LO if he wasnt having his drops his would be terrible bless him mines just more uncomfortable and runny :/ Just my luck!! :rofl:

when H had it, the pharmacist suggested just keeping his eyes clean with cooled boiled water on a cotton pad - we did that for a couple of days and he didn't need the drops after that, so it can go away on it's own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->