Connecta Carrier

JadeyB

Mummy of 2 (1 Angel baby)
Reaction score
Ok - do I have it on wrong??

When wearing, I get really paranoid that I'm cutting off the circulation to his legs. I took him for a lovely walk yesterday and he loved it. The only thing is that he very red creases on his legs (where the seat bit goes) and his legs were quite cold.

Any advice?
xx

Hi there,

I really would like to make sure that I have it on right as I'm not ready to give up on my Connecta.

Does anyone have any pictures they can share of your LO in your connecta? I've had a look at the babywearing thread and can't see any. All the photos are fab!!

I guess it he was not comfy he would let me know right?

:)

Sorry, I don't have any pics that show Adam's legs in the Connecta. However, IIRC, the Connecta website has a gallery of pics - maybe some of those can put your mind at rest?

I'm not sure if it's possible to put it on wrongly, though. Was your LO bare-legged? If Adam is, he sometimes gets light red marks but nothing that's ever concerned me. It can feel snug round the tops of the legs but I don't think there's any danger of affecting the circulation. And I agree, surely your LO would be upset if he wasn't ok, mine certainly would.

:hugs:

I don't have any pics of LO in the connecta, but you can look at the other SSC (soft structured carriers ie buckled MT's) pics in here https://www.naturalmamas.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48&order=desc

LO should have the seat of the carrier knee pit to knee pit and you can use the accessory strap from the connects to gather it in a bit if necessary. If you put a pic up of you carrying here I might be able to help you more. As for the cold legs, get some babylegs to keep them warm (covers the gap when wearing) once you have sorted out the positioning so the circulation isn't being cut off.

Thanks girls - you've really helped.

We went out for a lovely walk this evening - the weather held out - yey!

I don't think I had the positioning right as we were both a lot more comfy this evening. I used the clip again, I find it a bit tricky to get it in the right place but I definitely think I need it.

Those pictures are fab - very cool carriers.

I look forward to giving the back carry a go in a few months!!! I think I will need to master the front carry first!

xx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVrxXd21m0w

hope this helps hun

Thanks so much for doing that!!! :flower:

He looks very happy and comfy :)

That really helps, I think where I was going wrong is that I had him too low. I've never been able to locate my waist. I've tried measuring it before and got it all wrong - lol!!

Also, he is not quite as co-operative as your little man, he tries to straigten his legs whenever I try and put him in lol! I will use this video when I wear him next.

Do you use your connectas in the rain? Is there any large macs that are useful?! I really would like to take him for a walk everyday. The witching hour is a good time to go, then Dad can come too!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->