Connection with baby

happyfamily123

Expecting Baby #3
Reaction score
Some ladies really seem to 'know' their baby and call them by their name and such.......I have 3d pictures but can't picture the baby in my belly being my baby that'll be here in a few weeks, the same thing with my son. Like seeing an actual baby kinda shocked me. anyone else feel like this?

It's still hard for me to believe that I have a baby in my belly!! We had the 3D ultrasound too, and it made it even more real, but I have to LOOK at those pictures to believe it! Even when he's moving around, I know it's a baby, but I just can't picture it yet!!

I had a hard time with my son as well. It really didnt hit me until after i gave birth and changed my first diaper hours later.

Im the same, i just cant believe theres a little baby in there moving around!! I cant get over the fact that its got a little heart and a little face, i dont know why but that fascinates me xxx

I often find it feels pretty unreal. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning I forget I am pg and then wonder if it is true, - have to feel my belly to show myself it is real....

xx

Tbh I still don't feel like I'm actually going to have a baby! I thought it would be easier to get used to the idea as I've already done the being pregnant / giving birth thing but nope!

The past few days she must have had a growth spurt and I've started to feel feet/legs/arms or something through my belly which makes me start imagining that theres an actual tiny human being in there and then it starts making my brain hurt trying to imagine her in there and I stop! :D

I was just thinking the same the other day and said to OH I can't believe a baby is coming out of there soon! When I looked at my tum I just thought belly doesn't seem big enough to hold a baby, poor wee thing must be uncomfortable!

I felt the same with my first aswell and when he was here I thought "OMG it's really happened I've got a baby" kinda thing

Sorry, but I am one of those who 'know their baby and call him by his name' etc. But, this is my 2nd and I wasnt like that with my first. I never had the 'unreal' feeling but I didnt bond the same. I put that down to not knowing the sex first time round for me.

Sometimes when something fantastic happens to you it is hard to reconcile as you dare not believe!!

Either way, it's perfectly natural!!

xxx

OMG I sneaked into here from second tri and I am so glad you guys feel like this too!!! I thought it was just me. I have a hard time trying to believe it's all going to happen (even though I want it so much) and I look at the baby stuff and I think, is this all real? Such an odd feeling. I still worry everyday that this little one won't survive which I know is silly but I so want it to be in my arms. x

im defo like this, i thought it was cos ive had a mmc with my first pregnancy ive been convienced this LO will be taken away also, as time has gone by ive got better bout knowing the baby is guna be ere afterall !! when im buying clothes, sometimes feels like im buying for another baby ....... i can feel him kick all the time, having a 4dscan made it feel a little more real ....... infact since finding out wot sex were aving a choosing his name has made it more real, but yeh feels weird :?

I'm the same.

I also have the 3/4d scan pics AND DVD, can feel and see LO move all through the day and of course have this big belly.... but still I cannot quite believe there is a person in there.... I guess it will hit us when we have them and finally see what they look like :D

xxx

I have the same problem - I can feel the baby moving around, but I can't quite visualise her as being a 'real baby', just something odd kicking and swooshing around inside me. Of course I mentally know it's a baby, but it's hard to connect the scan images with this. And I can definitely not really believe that an actual baby will come out in June!

I'm glad you started this thread, because it's really sweet when I see people have worked out the full names of their babies, quite a while before they are born - but I'm left thinking 'oooh - why can't I do that?'. Glad it's not just me.

I'm so in love with this little girl, Soph, in my tummy but find it hard to accept she is MY wee baby, and when im no longer pregnant i will be a mummy! I find reading stoies like this help as it helps me gauge what size etc she is at the moment.

https://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/...&sigr=129kdhijk&sigi=11ajog48e&sigb=13t0ijsa0

https://www.miraclebabies.com.au/index.php?fuseaction=story.view&storyid=22

totally, I have no connection with my bump at all. It doesnt seem real and i suppose it wont now until shes born x

It is only in the past few days I've began to think of it more as a real baby. Although I still wake up forgetting I'm pregnant.

We had the 3d scan a few weeks ago and it was fantabulous but only in the last week have I found myself really looking forward to meeting our daughter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->