Connors fast escape..

mumtobe25

2nd Trimester
Reaction score
While Connor is having a snooze I thought id quickly write my birth annocement - as for anyone who spoke to me knew how scared i was - but it was soooo worth it Very Happy

I had been to hospital with contractions the previous Friday and was told i was in latural labour (which i now know means the baby was back to back and contractions were to try and change him round - so not labour in fact no where near)

anyway these had followed on right up untill Thursday when on msn i was talking to the AB ladies and saying how they had gone now but wish baby would make up his mind about coming..anyway que bathroom trip and found i had lost more of my plug (this started coming away on the Wednesdsy)

anyhoo moving onto friday I had been woken up by these latural contractions (all in my back) again at about 11am so got up took some painkillers and settled down in front of tv - did try and time them but they were all over the place - moving to the evening was chatting to AB ladies again saying how pains had got worse and was now screaming into a pillow when they happened but sill no pattern.,..
They all said to call the hospital...
my OH had been on at me to call them for the last 40 mins
I said no they arent the 3 mins apart lasting for a min they wont see me - anyway after another loo break i noticed i was bleeding (red blood not my bloody show - i now know this was a sign i was dilating quickly) Dawn made me call them

anyway called hospital and while on phone had a contraction midwife said to my OH yep bring here in - we got to hospital at 7.20pm

I was examined a little bit after we arrived and was told i was 5-6cm dialted already - i asked the midwife to confrim they deffo werent sending me home Laughing

anyway trying to cut it down a bit had gas and air which i ran back from the toilet for - was totally out of it untill i thought it had stopped working OH confirmed it very much was still working.. Very Happy
half an hour later was checked again and i was 8cm dialted so asked for an epi - which was given to me brill i thought no pain although the pressure was immense in my woohoo..

MW told me to see if i could push a bit with contraction as my waters had not broken - two contractions in my waters brust and went all over the wall - then mw said i could carry on pushing as was now fully dialted - between gas and air and an epi i still could feel when to push and just 3 big pushes later after telling my OH he was going to have to do it - pretending i wasnt having a contraction (mw;s are cleaver they know and trying to close my legs lol) Connor came bursting into the world - the right way round..a bit to fast which caused me to tear - which is very painful and no i didnt ask how many stiches i had - it wa odd enough feet in stirrups being stiched up while on gas and air and trying to still have a normal conversation with the midwife lol

after he was laid on my tummy - still out of it a bit i turned to the mw and went "what do i do with that? give it to him" meaning my oh but i soon was ok and stroked his cheek all the while my OH was drowning us in his tears..

anyway as he weighed 6lb we had to stay in for 24 hours to have his blood sugar checked but he is great - very content, and doesnt really scream he loves being wrapped up and held tightly and he feeds brilliant..here is my little star at a few hours old..

https://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww268/redordead25/Connor/connor014.jpg

sorry for a long one - didnt realise i had quite so much to say - also need to add my MW was fantastic she never left our side the whole of labour even down to her having her tea break in with us as she said she knew i was going to last for long

But most of all thank you to my OH he was the best birthing partner knew what when and how much aswell as what to say - it was his voice i listened to and him i believed - i could not have done it without him - he was amazing though my pregnancy, birth and is now a truely amazing dad i couldnt wish for better

thanks a trillion guys and i look forward to bombarding you with questions xx Very Happy

Congratulations!!!! He is lovely!

Gongrats he is a heartbreaker x

Congrats to the three of you - hes gorgeous!!!

XXXX

what a little beauty!!! look at all that gorgeous hair!!! well done x x x x

he's lovely,well done and congrats.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back