conscious decision- good or bad??

mummymarsh

NTNP with earth baby #2
Reaction score
hi all- new to this section...

after loosing baby Charlie at 24+3 weeks on 16th march we have decided to NTNP.... (started last night :haha:)

i am however now slightly nervous about the whole prospect....

how long have you all been NTNP???

xxxx

Welcome! I'm very, very new to the board (This month will be my first proper cycle, as I came off BCP last month) and TBH to any method of baby trying! It looks like quite a few people have joined up in the last week or so and this board seems a very friendly and welcoming place to be.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I've spotted quite a few ladies in a similar position to you here on NTNP who may be able to be a bit more useful than me, but I think most of us newbies are a bit daunted about pregnancy. I certainly was / am (depending on my mood and how much my husband has p'd me off that day!! :D) and the ladies here have been a great support. xxx

thanks notnic - i can see you are very new :thumbup:

i have had some amazing support from the girls i chatted with when i was in 2nd trimester section, but have since left section.... :cry:

with Charlie i came off pill last july and i got my BFP 5th November and i was 6 weeks then so didnt take long... hopig its the same for us this time round too....

my daughhter lilly is two and she was a Big Fat Surprise :haha:

xxxx

Hello love, is that Charlie in your profile picture? He's beautiful :kiss:

I came off bcp in Feb this year and after a bit of a rollercoaster going to see consultants and genetics people over OH having a hereditary illness we started NTNP several weeks ago. I would be over the moon about a pregnancy, OH wants more money in the bank first (but couldn't there always be more money in the bank!!) I've never been pregnant so have niggling worries at the back of my mind that I don't know if it's going to be harder than we'd like!

Good luck hun :)

yes thats charlie :)

dont let my story put you off.... hope it all goes ok for you....

i just wonder whether its too soon for my physically and emotionally.... somedays im like i want to be rpegnant NOW other days im umming and aarring.....

xxx

hi all- new to this section...

after loosing baby Charlie at 24+3 weeks on 16th march we have decided to NTNP.... (started last night :haha:)

i am however now slightly nervous about the whole prospect....

how long have you all been NTNP???

xxxx

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss mummymarsh. I can't begin to imagine what that must be like. :cry:

I've been off birth control since 3/4/11 so I'm officially on cycle 2 but this cycle has been all messed up because I was super sick at the beginning so I'm just waiting for AF at this point so I can start another cycle. We're going to be slightly preventing until our wedding night though by just avoiding :sex: on my fertile days though. Before this cycle got all messed up, I would have been due to ovulate on our wedding night but now I have no idea because my temps are all over the place. I don't even know when to expect :witch: again!

Anyway, lots and lots of :hugs: to you and best wishes in your NTNP adventures!

I don't think anyone can ever say if it is too soon, as there is no set answer for anyone and I think that we all make decisions to have a baby for different reasons. I think your body will be a good guide. When you fall pregnant your body will 'know' that the timing is right. My SIL fell pregnant with her second child four months after she lost her first child at 25 weeks. She then waited three and half years to have her 3rd, due next week. She found it harder to try again for her third as she was sure that they wouldn't be lucky and didnt think she could cope with losing a child now. At a guess, if you're trying because you still want a child, then I think that's a good reason but if you're trying because you want to replace what you've lost - not just your son, but your experience of being a mother (and I really don't mean to cause offence with my phrasing) then perhaps you should take some more time. Only you really know what's right, and there's plenty of pro-baby people here who shouldn't judge you for making a decison that's right for you and your OH.

I look forward to your updates. Perhaps you can show me the ropes a bit here on B and B?! I have no idea what any of the terms mean!

Big hugs to you, and wish you lots of luck xxx

not long untiil wedding day gardenforedens :)

notnic - defo not a replacement my Vharlie is my very special first born son and i i have a 2 year old daughter already so have the mummying expereince so i guess that just leaves the "wanting another baby" :)

My SIL is pregnant (22 weeks) with a boy and that hurts sometimes.... i would have been 31 weeks sunday just gone :( xxxx

Hi mummymarsh, welcome to NTNP.
I'm very very sorry for your loss, I really can't imagine the pain and grief that you must have gone through and very natural that it hurts sometimes to see your SIL's pregnancy progressing. Charlie is beautiful in your pic. As to whether or not it is too soon, only you can really say that. I think NTNP is possibly a good place to be and just take it as it comes for a bit?

hey mummymarsch . sending u a hug (()) for your loss . :(
and a big hello to you ,
i am coming to this board on friday , as my hormone drug zoladax will of run out , ill be awaiting a period tho , as i konw it can take months to return , but hey ho ill be not protecting so i think i should be here xxxxx

thanks very much ladies....

i still hover EVERYWHERE lol... sstillbirths, 2nd trimester losses, ethnical losses, WTT, TT, NTNP even pregnancy after loss lol..... i even still brave my budies in my july beach bumps forum......

i am excited about NTNP but also petrified and desperately sad, its confusing to know what to do or think..... thats why i think NTNP is best thing to do... as we let our bodies do the natural thing and it will happen when the time is riight kond of thing...

xxx

notnic - defo not a replacement my Charlie is my very special first born son and i i have a 2 year old daughter already so have the mummying expereince so i guess that just leaves the "wanting another baby" :)

:hugs: It sounds to me that NTNP is the perfect place to be. xxx

Yep, that sounds pretty sensible to me :)

Like others have said I think your body will know when you're ready, and even though there are bound to be a load of mixed emotions and additional worry you do have a support network here. I think it's a good decision for you to be NTNP, let nature have it's own way for a while.

Really sending you good wishes hun :hugs:

We've been NTNP since February but are moving over to TTC next month.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Charlie is beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->