Considering going against the flow ...advice wanted NO DEBATE PLZ

no matter if u say no debate or not there will probably end up as one hahah

but id say that cows milk is better then no milk.

ive never been able to get zane to drink 12oz of milk at one go. it was only when he hit 12 months hed start taking 9oz for his night feed.

but id talk to ur doctor about this, he/she might even suggest a formular change even tho uve already done this

12oz is all she takes all day in several feeds x

My little sister refused the breast starting at 2 months old. She was put directly on cow's milk from then on. On doc's advice my mom stopped BFing me when I was 6 months and put on cows milk. We are now 34 and 32 and are just fine. :mrgreen: If nothing else works, go with cows milk. At least I would.

:hugs:

i personally wouldnt give cows milk, id give extra yoghurt / cheese and carry on mixing what formula you can into her food

x

Hun if she will drink cow's milk it's better than nothing. I'd try the cows milk until you go docs, a couple of days of milk isn't going to do her as much (if any) harm compared to no fluids x

personally i'd go 4 mixing baby milk into as many of her meals as pos so she still got sum but i'd prob go with offering cows milk as a drink if its the only thing she'll take (altho i would check with the GP first)

is it ok to mix some formular in with some cows milk and see if that helps...it might b a taste issue? i have a friend who throws up if she tastes milk...she can have it in things its just something thats triggered when she tastes the milk and apparently she's done it for as long as she can remember.

does anyone know if its safe to mix (made up) formula with cows milk? maybe u could start with majority formula and try different ratios to see if that makes a difference...coz surely even if at worse she had 20% formula in a bottle of cows milk she's still getting some formula?

good luck with it all hun x

no matter if u say no debate or not there will probably end up as one hahah

but id say that cows milk is better then no milk.

ive never been able to get zane to drink 12oz of milk at one go. it was only when he hit 12 months hed start taking 9oz for his night feed.

but id talk to ur doctor about this, he/she might even suggest a formular change even tho uve already done this

12oz is all she takes all day in several feeds x

poor little thing:(

i dont think anyone on here apart from doctors, mws ect can really give u much more advice then uve already been given as it is just our opinions.

hope ur doctor or hv can give u the right information that u and lo needs x

edit: i dont think it would be a good idea to mix formular with cows milk but yet aagain another thing to really ask a doctor lol

I heard the problem with cows milk is the lack of protein, so like has been suggested you could maybe swap things round. Like they say you can give them foods mixed with cows milk but they must drink formula, so you could try mixing foods with formula, and letting her drink cows milk, and keep topped up with cheese, yoghurt etc. But def ask a dr first but my mum gave me cows milk when she stopped breastfeeding at 6-9months as that was what was 'done' then and there's nothing wrong with me.

i wud just give her wot she seems happiest with i;e fluids xx

saying that morgans not 6mth yet and seems to be cutting milk out so much since ive been giving him meals so i prob will be in the same situation x

Not many people seem to like giving cow's milk, but they move onto it at a year if you wish to anyway? Not many i know in RL stay on cow's milk after they needn't to, as 3 meals and snacks are providing now. Get doc advice, but MUM knows best

I have gave adrhianna cows milk from 7.5 months and shes been abso fine shes eats 3 meals a day and has a snack of a few wosits and she is better off now then she was on formula . When my mum had me the age was 6 months old to give cows milk and it hasnt done any harm to us.

your doing the right thing for your baby

hon i cannot imagine how hard it must be seeing your poor baby being so sick :hugs: i think if thats whats she best on, then i'd probably stick too it and add extra foods, like someone suggested, as well as vitamins. i also think speaking to your doc is a good idea :hugs: xx

My mum was surprised the other day when we were talking about weaning and that they couldn't haw cows milk until 12 months. She said it used to be 6 months and she also mentioned something about watering it down, apparently they were told to mix a certain proportion of water into full fat cows milk, don't k ow if anyone else has heard of this, but I would speak to doctor and see what they say. If she's better on cows milk then I would keep her on it personally.

I agree with the majority. If she's digesting the cows milk okay and it isn't giving her a sore tummy then I'd imagine that you should just stick to it. Think the main reason why cows milk isn't reccomended for babies under 1 year is b/c they can't digest the protein in it. However, sounds like Lily is having a harder time on formula :shrug:

My mum was surprised the other day when we were talking about weaning and that they couldn't haw cows milk until 12 months. She said it used to be 6 months and she also mentioned something about watering it down, apparently they were told to mix a certain proportion of water into full fat cows milk, don't k ow if anyone else has heard of this, but I would speak to doctor and see what they say. If she's better on cows milk then I would keep her on it personally.

I wouldn't water down milk tbh. It just means they're taking in a lot less calories and filling their tummies up with water :shrug:

I would've done the same thing,just add some vitamins as cows milk is not as rich as formula.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->