Considering not dieting ever again...

misslissa

TTC our first!
Reaction score
Even though I'm constantly thinking about my weight (I mean all of my waking day) and having just posted on a Dukan post I am considering turning my back on diets forever.

The more you read on this forum and EVERY other forum to do with diets there are people 'going back' on the particular diet or 'trying' a new diet. I know many have a lot if success but is it long term or is it just damaging our bodies because ultimately we yo yo. I'd be really interested to know how many women on here have gone on a diet ONCE and kept it off. If there are people that have I'd genuinely like to hear about it and what it entails on your daily life.

I'm not criticising, please don't think I am, I'm just sick of listening to myself - I've been talking and doing weight loss for years, I obsess over it yet I'm at my heaviest now - that has to say something?

I'm thinking of just eating well, antioxidant, nutritious foods. So I dint mean bring on the pizza, I mean bring on the wholegrain pasta, the lean meats, the veggies etc - maybe that's the Mediterranean diet and I'm subconsciously just dieting again?!

Just back off holiday and I wasn't hungry once, ok we had a few indulgences but generally we just cooked nice dinners, ate a big brekky and I relaxed about my food. I didn't crave crisps or chocolate at all yet as soon as I got home I've been bored with meals, needed sugar hits etc.

Am I a raving loony or does anyone else think they Wang to jump off the diet bandwagon?

Hi, I agreed with you 100% 8 years ago and have maintained my weight loss since (except my pregnancy, which I lost). I eat a reasonable 1600-1800 calories a day (focusing on high protein with good choices), lift very heavy weights 3-4x a week, and do cardio when I can & feel like it, but it's always my last priority.

Everyone thinks a miracle diet will be a solution but it never is. There are of course some programs that teach good healthy eating habits for life (ie. Weight Watchers) but I don't consider that a "diet", that's simply a life plan. A diet is this ridiculous cabbage soup/fasting crap.

So forget the diets and take up the lifestyle change. A lot of people have 'dieted' their way to the highest weight ever from serious metabolic damage and starving/binging cycles (sound familiar??).

You may be interested in reading some online writings by Leigh Peele, Lyle McDonald, Alan Aragon, and Cassandra Forsythe for more info (all registered dieticians/nutrition PhD's, not fad diets)

Hi there, thanks for the book tips I will try and get reading! It's nice to see someone else on here with similar views. Out of interest were you overweight before doing this? I've got a good 40lb to lose and I feel like I'm a million miles away so I have pretended it's not happening but it's causing me a lot of upset really.

x

I healthy eat(with bad in moderation) exercise my butt off(keep fit basically) all been lifestyle change NOT diet change for X amount of weeks.

I think ultimately we dont need to diet we just got to eat healthy everyday and try to exercise to keep fit...lifestyle change like pp said

I know it's the right way but when you have a chunk of weight to lose it seems like such a long haul the motivation goes, that's what I need to overcome. Forget the being disappointed at a 1lb loss etc but it really is easier said than done.

I need you guys to keep me off the diets! Just healthy eating, my healthiest is when I eat a low GI diet so that's where I'd like to be, natural, low sugar, low processed food, plenty of fruit veg and water.

I'm maid of honour at a wedding in May and also want to get pregnant - that should be motivation enough surely!

Plus on a more serious note I'm not liking how unfit I am, it's not good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->