• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Conspiracy theories

sparkle_1979

Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009
Reaction score
Sep 11th
Sandyhook shooting ( I only heard about this one today ) and so on
I just wondered if anyone believes any of them ?

I read a lot of things about 9/11 that has to make you think but I didn't really beleive into it

I think they can be good at times, helps to expose the crap that's out there. But I also find that they can got a bit OTT as well.

I tend to not believe in them personally, I might be a Polly Anna but I don't think the government would purposely kill their own citizens and blame another country. :shrug:

I think people just want to believe there's more to it than what it seems and to believe that there is more control over these incidents as the alternative is a scarier thought.

I love conspiracy theories! The Sandyhook one is quite silly I think but I think there's perhaps something unusual about 9/11. Also the Kennedy shooting was definitely not how the government said it was, and I think there's a reasonable chance that the moon landing wasn't real.

I think people just want to believe there's more to it than what it seems and to believe that there is more control over these incidents as the alternative is a scarier thought.

I see what you mean, but personally I find the idea that there could be government control behind these things absolutely terrifying!

I love conspiracy theories, I think some are plausible, but it's so difficult to know what to believe, it seems like no-one can be trusted!

I work in government. No. I don't believe theories, because there is plenty about me, our department and our work. I know its a more basic level, but its annoying to hilarity the crap people make up. Makes me realise that these are normal people involved in extraordinary situations, and nothing more. And, these people involved are hurt by these 'theories'.

I work in government. No. I don't believe theories, because there is plenty about me, our department and our work. I know its a more basic level, but its annoying to hilarity the crap people make up. Makes me realise that these are normal people involved in extraordinary situations, and nothing more. And, these people involved are hurt by these 'theories'.

Just curious who you work for? I work for NSA (I know, I know. Cue the groans and conspiracy theories!;))and have yet to come across a government employee on this site!:)

Regarding conspiracy theories, I feel as though some are possibly based in reality, however many are born out of people's reluctance to accept that there are some things they will never know. Many feel as though full transparency is the only acceptable way for government to operate, and anything less is simply put in place to mask sinister actions. I've seen it first hand, when answering prodding questions regarding my profession with a simple "I'm not at liberty to discuss that" is automatically translated as "Ohh she knows the truth, it must be bad!". For some reason, the classic "I can neither confirm nor deny" equates to a giant coverup. Not typically the case:)

I think they're brilliant and interesting, often quite funny but do I believe them? No, not at all.

Yes I believe in some conspiracy theories. I know for a fact that the government has confessed to the Gulf of Tonkin having not been as they originally stated and it was not the vietnamese that sunk the boat.

The point I would like to make, is that people in low level government positions would not be in a position to know about conspiracies. Mr Snowden pointed out that the average NSA worker knows very little of the full scope of the intrusiveness of the surveillance and it was only because Mr Snowden worked as an administrator that he was able to put together a more complete picture of what the government is up to. It is interesting to note how the government actions are big on reducing administrators, but small on genuine reform to comply with the original intent of the 4th amendment.

Personally I find it all fascinating. That is not to say I believe it all but I have done a lot of reading on this kind of thing and some odd things do crop up that have to make you think.

I tend to not believe in them personally, I might be a Polly Anna but I don't think the government would purposely kill their own citizens and blame another country. :shrug:

Relating to what you said above, I did come across something which I found really interesting when reading up called 'Operation Northwoods'. Granted it was never approved, but just shows you it may not be completely beyond belief that this kind of thing is at least considered...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

Yes I believe in some conspiracy theories. I know for a fact that the government has confessed to the Gulf of Tonkin having not been as they originally stated and it was not the vietnamese that sunk the boat.

The point I would like to make, is that people in low level government positions would not be in a position to know about conspiracies. Mr Snowden pointed out that the average NSA worker knows very little of the full scope of the intrusiveness of the surveillance and it was only because Mr Snowden worked as an administrator that he was able to put together a more complete picture of what the government is up to. It is interesting to note how the government actions are big on reducing administrators, but small on genuine reform to comply with the original intent of the 4th amendment.

Mr. Snowden was a Systems Administrator (i.e. IT guy), and gained access to much of the information he did by stealing the login information of coworkers. That's how he put two and two together. Under the guise of "serving the greater good", he ultimately caused the loss of employment for many of those coworkers leaving them unable to support their families. Not commenting one way or another regarding his actions, just clarifying how he gained access to the majority of the things he did.

I think they're absolutely ridiculous, being honest. I've read up on a few.

I think people making up such bullshit should consider the hurt it could cause to victims families who wish to grieve for their loss(es).

Some stupid psycho goes into a school and blasts apart a bunch of kids! nothing more, nothing less. The families should be able to rest not have a load of conspiracy crap throw in their face.

9/11 conspiracies just make me :dohh:

I find them fascinating but i don't believe them all. I do think some have elements of truth.

I refuse to believe the 9/11 one, i know George Bush isn't an angel but i don't see him killing thousands of his own citizens simply for oil. He could of invented another million and one reasons to go into Iraq.

I also don't think the Queen and Prime-minister are reptiles. :haha:

I do think there's elements in the JFK shooting that just don't add up, particularly considering his brother and Marilyn Monroe died not much after.

I don't believe the 7/7 theories either. I watched a documentary opposing the theories about 7/7 and 9/11 and they absolutely proved that it was possible.

I find them fascinating but i don't believe them all. I do think some have elements of truth.

I refuse to believe the 9/11 one, i know George Bush isn't an angel but i don't see him killing thousands of his own citizens simply for oil. He could of invented another million and one reasons to go into Iraq.

I do think there's elements in the JFK shooting that just don't add up, particularly considering his brother and Marilyn Monroe died not much after.

I don't believe the 7/7 theories either. I watched a documentary opposing the theories about 7/7 and 9/11 and they absolutely proved that it was possible.

There is a theory about 9/11, not that the government planned it, but that there was also a bomb placed within the building that caused it to collapse at the level it did (if you watch the video the split in the building was much lower down than where the plane hit). It was apparently covered up because it would be yet another blow to the government to find out that not only was airport security below par but that a bomb could also get in to an important building so easily. I don't know whether there's any truth to that though!

There is a theory about 9/11, not that the government planned it, but that there was also a bomb placed within the building that caused it to collapse at the level it did (if you watch the video the split in the building was much lower down than where the plane hit). It was apparently covered up because it would be yet another blow to the government to find out that not only was airport security below par but that a bomb could also get in to an important building so easily. I don't know whether there's any truth to that though!

Oooh that one is far more viable to me! I will go read a little i think thanks!

Some of them are interesting to read. Whether I believe them or not? *shrugs*

I watched a docu on 9/11 and they had some kind of expert on (I don't recall in what though!) and he said that there's no way it would be possible for the building to fall the way it did from the planes hitting where they did :wacko: Who knows? :)

I watched a docu on 9/11 and they had some kind of expert on (I don't recall in what though!) and he said that there's no way it would be possible for the building to fall the way it did from the planes hitting where they did :wacko: Who knows? :)

I always think whenever i hear them say this that, how could anyone predict the damage two planes would do?

I think it was structural. Structurally, the way the building was built, it wouldn't be possible to fall in the way it did - not impossible to fall at all, just the way it did. I dunno though!

I always think whenever i hear them say this that, how could anyone predict the damage two planes would do?

Yeah I agree, and there's videos on YouTude which show 'bombs' exploding throughout the towers as they fall.......erm don't you think that TONNES of metal falling on top of metal is going to cause what looks like explosions, or even actual explosions depending what was in the building! :dohh:

Unless experts have categorically planned for a jumbo jet plane to hit however it hits the damage & repercussions are going to be very unexpected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->