Constance is here, emergency csection :)

PinkyPonk

Evie & Connies mummy <3
Reaction score
time to write the birth story, I'm not very good at this kinda thing so sorry if I ramble or anything :haha:

37 weeks-

I have to go to hospital due to only having 7 movements in the day, they said I was 3/5th engaged but measuring a wee bit small so got me a scan appointment for 2 days later.

37+1 weeks-

was getting lots of pain in the night, bounced on my ball quite abit and my bump totally dissapeared so guessed she was dropping me but when I went to bed I felt a horrible pain i could feel like rolling over, at first I thought she was going left to right boy was I wrong :haha:

37+2 weeks BIRTHDAY!!

9:30am- left for the scan, feeling nervous but just thought it would be nice, I will find out her wiegh and have confirmation shes a girl and all will be fine :roll:
while in the waiting room I started getting contractions, I ignored them cos I had been getting painful BHs loads so just thought this was them again :dohh::haha:

11:30am- got called in for my scan to find out Connie was breech, she asked me if I knew and I kept saying "are you sure? no shes 3/5th engaged she cant be?" but nope she was so she checked where the feet were and said they were in the worst possible position :dohh:

12:30pm- got sent to day center, doctor spoke to me about having an ECV the next day to try and turn her if it fails I have to have a Csection, asked him about "what if i go into labour" cos i was still getting BHs and he explained that it would mean having an emergency Csection and we left with my appointment, feeling so gutted that my well positioned baby was suddenly in the worst position she could be :dohh:

4pm- on PF sulking about how shes in the wrong place, I start realising the contractions are coming every 8-9 minutes, everyone tells me to ring hossy and they want me down straight away :wacko:

5pm- get into hossy, I was now known as "the breech lady" :lol:
got hooked up to a monitor very quick, contractions were going up to 45% every 3-5 mins, got checked over cervix was softening and opening midwife also said she felt a foot trying to get through :haha:
anyway lots of doctors started coming in saying "they have to get baby out before waters break" sonographer came in gave me a scan to make sure shes still breech, got lots of "do you agree you have 1% more chance of dieing" ectect
then needle after needle and lots of hussle bussle was very :wacko:

6pm- was hooked up to an IV and being carted off to section room and told Connie would be here by 7pm :wacko:
Sophie my birthing partner had to go until I was al set up I spent all the time going "wheres sophie where is she :cry:"
the surgeon who actually got Connie out was holding my hand trying to confort me cos the lose of control on my legs put me in a panic!
I couldnt move them or feel them or anything and it sent be mad I started feeling sick and my blood pressure was dropping so they had to put some lovelyjubbly drug in my IV to keep my blood pressue up, i loved it cos the low blood pressue feeling i hate, had it in pregnancy and its just no doesnt help with the panicing feeling :lol:
by this time i'm begging for Sophie (jojo16) got the surgeon holding 1 hand, anenetist (sp?) holding my other hand and stroking my hair saying "she'll be here soon its fine its fine" :lol:
turns out it took so long cos they forgot about her and didnt have any scrubs for her :haha:

anyway eventually she was in :happydance:
and it all set up, weirdest feeling in the world having someone in your tummy :shock:
within seconds she was out but not crying, could hear things like "shes not responding" and started to panic, I kept asking where she was and that I want her and they just said "shes fine just need to clean her up and wrap her up warm cos its cold in her" alright so why are the people saying "not responding then" :brat:
then out of no where she let out an almight squeal, shes so squeeky shes like a dogs chew toy squeeky :lol:

I got my cuddles and started being stitched up and sent back :cloud9:

Constance Edith Rose Bound was born 6:58pm 19th July 2011 weighing 6lb13oz :happydance:
and picture time :happydance:

https://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/blackheartblacktears/281877_10150725596455232_590960231_20160693_6667046_n.jpg
https://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/blackheartblacktears/281877_10150725596445232_590960231_20160692_7195167_n.jpg
https://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/blackheartblacktears/284929_10150725622475232_590960231_20161022_5626170_n.jpg
https://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/blackheartblacktears/DSCF2397.jpg
https://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/blackheartblacktears/DSCF2406.jpg

I will add the after section itching, OMG :nope:
they gave me piriton and it just made it worse :haha:

Awww you brave lady :hugs: you did so well! We all know how much you didn't want a section, but you handled it amazingly! Constance is lush and i LOVE her name.
p.s. love the fact that i've just seen your insides :haha:
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back