Constant back and bump pain?

MissMymmy

Reaction score
So, I'm not quite sure what to make of it really...
I'm 22 weeks and 3 days and ended up in the hospital yesterday with these pains which are around both sides of my mid back and go around to my bump. Along with this yesterday I had brown discharge/mucus. A rather rough trainee did a speculum and I was told that all was fine and they took swabs etc. Although I did overhear the doctor discussing my cervix with his trainee saying it was red/pink which is normal in pregnancy? Nothing quite like having two doctors staring at and discussing your private areas during an exam but to hear them talk about it after in such detail, not fun lol

Anyway, the pain hasn't gone away and although I was told that my cervix was still long and hard and I'm not contracting why am in so much pain with my back and bump? Its like a constant period ache and it hurts really badly. I've upped my water intake and I've just given in and taken 2 paracetamol even though I didn't want too. The only time it eases is when I'm in a hot bath which my mums already not happy about the amount of time I spend in there haha.

Does anyone else have this really tight uncomfortable and constant pain?

Did they check for a urine infection? Sometimes that can cause an irritable uterus. Not sure if that would account for brown mucus right enough. It's great news that your cervix is still long and closed though. Hope you feel better soon!

Thankfully they did lovely yeah it was the first thing they did. I must say I was so relieved when they said that I wasn't in pre-term labour as there was serious panic in my mind encase that's what it was. I just wish this pain would bugger off so I could relax and actually enjoy being pregnant!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->