Constant Hangover

joeybrooks

Ethan and Leo's mummy
Reaction score
That is how I have felt now for about a week, and the thing about that is, I know it is going to get worse before it gets better.

I havent actually been sick, but I am walking around feeling like I could be at any minute and with the headaches on an off, I feel like I have had a mad night out on the town all the time!!!! (which of course i havent, havent had a drink since we started TTC in June).

I am not complaining really, just wondering if this is how others are feeling and if there is anything that helps make you feel a little more human!

I've heard a lot of girls say they are feeling this way.

Have you tried ginger tea or maybe some ginger ale?

I know it sounds weird but maybe a glass of milk in the morning? :)

Yep this is exactly how i feel, and it gets worse at night. As long as everything is ok in there i dont mind putting up with it for the next 8months. i dont have many other symptoms yet so im kind of glad iv got something.

I agree it is like a hangover.

I like to rate to my hubby what scale of hangover it is....e.g. is it a night on the tequilla shots (worst puking and feeling like death) or a standard hangover (feeling a bit sick) or even an "i've mixed my drinks all night" type of hangover ( never drinking again hangover).

Enjoy your hangovers then ladies!! xx

Yes that's how I felt at that stage but it started to ease around 7+4 and I started having ms in the evenings only by around 8 weeks. The thought of ginger anything made me want to hurl. I found making sure I always went around with a bottle of squash / flavoured drink to sip on and eating something every 2 hours to stop me getting hungry. For me mini babybels and cheese really made a difference. If you find something that eases your stomach keep eating them. This part of the ms eases soon enough and you soon learn what you need to do to keep things manageable and as long as you are taking a good pre-natal, a short term diet of rubbish will be okay. As you are having headaches I suspect you are quite dehydrated so be sure to keep your fluid levels up and stay away from caffeine. Good luck and it does get better!

I was like this from about 6 weeks till 8 weeks feeling very hungover it does pass though.

Thats exactly how i'm feeling and have been for the past 3 weeks its horrible!
I haven't been physically sick since yeaterday morning so i'm hoping its beginning to pass! I'm only 6.5 weeks but i've been feeling awful everyday and stuck to the sofa everyday I come home from work and on the weekends too...its like my prison at the moment

yup i have these feeling, its normal. i find if i get hungry its like hungry to the point of puking so keep eating something small thats what i do. i mainly dry heave and sometimes been sick in the mornings as soon as i wake up. but i feel okay towards in the day, but then at night i get acidy sick and heartburn. but all in the name of fun eh :D

You're most likely dehydrated. That's what a hangover is - dehydration.

During pregnancy your body increases the amount of blood you carry an to do this, your body needs fluid. So drink drink drink woman!

Thanks girls, never really thought of the dehydration thing. I am always so thirsty and I do drink when I get like this, but I am never off the loo.

I'll drink more!!!

hangover every day when i wake up and fat and bloated with cramps in feet at night. YAY!! oh the joys. not to mention hungry all the time!

So pleased you have written this. Having a hangover is exactly how I have been describing it to DH. Always felt sorry for myself in the past having them but at least they only lasted a day - this is awful!! I feel like I want to be sick as I think I'd feel better afterwards.

I'm also getting the acidy feeling at nights kimberley, not too nice!

Do think the idea of drinking is a good one though - I can't face anything so do probably agree I'm not drinking enough. I'm 6 weeks plus 3 so sounds normal for this time from all of you other ladies suffering. :hugs:

i have just booked my first scan!!! tonight at 7pm £75 down but i hope i get a peice of mind!

i have just booked my first scan!!! tonight at 7pm £75 down but i hope i get a peice of mind!

How exciting!! How far along are you? I'm hoping to book one in a week or so's time. Had one at 5 and a half weeks at the EPU due to spotting but was too early for heartbeat. I couldn't wait until 12 weeks - ages away!!

Let us know how you get on :flower:

i had a scan about 5 weeks as it was already done before i found out i was expecting as my period was late and my dr thouhgt i might have pcos as i lost a bean on aug 1st we just saw the sac and thats all, im not 100% on dates i should find out tonight im about 7 weeks 5 days i think. so flippin nervous lol x and i will do let you no how we get on

Good luck with the scan.

Also so glad you ladies are describing it as a hang over too. It is the only thing I can think of, that feeling of walking around with a cloud over your head and feeling sorry for yourself, ready to puke at any given moment.

Ah well, I suppose it is only to be expected.

That's exactly how I feel! Very hungover! I eat dry crackers and drink ginger ale and it seems to help some.

I had the exact same from 7 weeks and its only just leaving me now. Its awful isnt it!! My "hangover" wasnt due to dehydration. I was drinking loads to begin with and it made no difference.

Yes hungover.. I did have an ultrasound today, there is actually something in there causing all that trouble lol.

That is how I have felt now for about a week, and the thing about that is, I know it is going to get worse before it gets better.

I havent actually been sick, but I am walking around feeling like I could be at any minute and with the headaches on an off, I feel like I have had a mad night out on the town all the time!!!! (which of course i havent, havent had a drink since we started TTC in June).

I am not complaining really, just wondering if this is how others are feeling and if there is anything that helps make you feel a little more human!

I was exactly the same from about 6 weeks onwards, am now 11 weeks and starting to feel a little bit more human - nausea is down to about 40% of the time and headaches are less constant. For me it was the was the exhaustion! Nightmare!! It does get better! I was never actually sick though (so far!) and I put this down to taking a handful of natural vitamins and minerals as well as everytime I felt sick I ate through it with crackers or a boiled sweetie, also cut out caffine if you havent already and drink plenty water. See if that works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->