Constant headache?

Mrsmac02

TTC #1
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else is suffering with headaches and pressure round the eyes? It's not something i had with DS and wondered if it was maybe something to do with my blood pressure or whether it's just another wonderful symptom of pregnancy?!

And does anyone know if paracetamol is still recommended? I know things change and is been two years since I had DS! X

With my last pregnancy I suffered from terrible headaches for a few months. I literally had a migraine for 14 days straight. I was checked out like crazy from my OB, but all was normal. Even spent an entire day hooked up to machines and my blood pressure was completely normal. In the end they told me the headaches were probably hormonal. I think they went away for me just before the third tri. But mine didn't start until 14 weeks. Could be hormonal as well for you but always best to check with your doc.

Parcamentol is ok during pregnancy. I took Tylenol for my headaches, which is the same thing.

So sorry you are going through this. I really hope your headaches don't last long.

Yeah paracetamol is still OK to use. Try upping your fluids too.

Thanks ladies. I honestly feel so rough some days. Second tri can't come quick enough!! X

I had it really bad with my first pregnancy - lots of water and paracetamol....sometimes a bit of caffeine actual helped. That and a wet cloth and a dark room!

I've been getting headaches too. Most of mine were early on, from before I tested positive to about 6 weeks. They've recently come back again. I've been told it's from the blood volume increasing.

It's really horrible isn't it? My joints are aching too. Because I'm not eating an awful lot I'm just sipping on a sugary fruity drink.

Me.... Every damn day! It's really dry in my house so I'm sure that isn't helping my already dried out sinuses/stuffy nose.

Kool n soothe strips for the forehead are amazing . It's a cool gel and works wonders . Swear by them with my sore heads X

Thanks, I'll try those. Think I'm just having a day of feeling sorry for myself! X

I'm having them too. They didn't start until 6+6 and now I have them every few days. Pain behind the eyes similar to a migraine but I know it's not. My doctor recommended Tylenol, same as paracetomol. I also notice that it's better when I drink more. Mine always hit hard if I go to bed later than baby likes.

A cold towel on my forehead and/or neck helped. You could try that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->