Constant Nausea :(

VeryBigMelons

Reaction score
Hi girls, I'm currrently 6 weeks 4 days, and for the last 9 days I have had constant nausea. Literally from the moment I wake up til I manage to get to sleep, I feel constantly sick! I've completely gone off food. I'm trying to nibble bits through the day, like toast, and drinking plenty of fluids. I'm also exhausted, and keep falling asleep a lot, and have started to have quite frequent headaches. It's really starting to get me down feeling so ill all the time, especially as it could go on for months! Is anyone else experiencing anything similar, or does anyone have any advice/tips?

I went through that but it eased up by the end of week 7. There was very little that helped me - some people swear by ginger but that made me worse! I got sea bands which I think might have taken the edge off..? Crackers helped as did anything very bland. Just eat what you can, baby will be getting enough nourishment. I also found I was worse when tired so get lots of rest. I hope you feel better soon!

I've tried ginger, it didn't do anything for me :( trying to stick to everything bland.

I'm feeling this way the last 3 days :( thought I'd gotten away with it as until a few days ago I hardly had any! But today from the moment I woke up until now (I'm going to bed early lol) I've felt sick. Fallen asleep twice and I'm exhausted! Oh the joys of pregnancy aye! Lol I have work tomorrow too... Not looking forward to that!

I went through it from 5 weeks 4 days to 6 weeks 3 days...I just ate saltine crackers and sipped on a sprite when it was at its worse. I also made sure to get as much water as possible, I noticed the days it was worse my liquid intake was low. I am now drinking at least 4-5 bottles of water (16 fl oz bottles) a day and I have noticed my nausea is almost non exsistent and I am starting to feel a little more human again :)

Hi

I had really bad sickness from 5 weeks until a few days ago and I am now 12w 4days. I never thought it was going to end. I had slight sickness with my daughter but that was only when I felt hungry. Once I'd eaten I would feel ok. This time nothing helped!!

It started at 3+4 for me and is what made me test. I've had the odd better day but still nauseous now at 8weeks but ive only actually vomited a few times. Ice pops help. I've lost 12lb with it so far.

Didn't have nausea with either of my other pregs.

Oh actually, try preggo pops! They were good though I didn't have them when my nausea was at its worst.

Hi

I had really bad sickness from 5 weeks until a few days ago and I am now 12w 4days. I never thought it was going to end. I had slight sickness with my daughter but that was only when I felt hungry. Once I'd eaten I would feel ok. This time nothing helped!!

I haven't come across anything that helps yet :( I'm worried how I'm going to cope if it carries on much longer, I'm not great at coping with nausea and I have a phobia of being sick!

I bought them on eBay, I think they might only be available in the US. Hope they work!

Another option is to ask about meds if it is unbearable.

preggie drops are available in NZ too... I think you can order to be shipped www.baby4you.co.nz

They also sell B6 drops which taste like apple. Or B6 and thiamine are supposed to help. but the taste did my head in :-(

you can try some stuff called weleda nausyn.

or ask at dr for some anti -metics... like Zofran or maxalon.

I do know what you are saying though - arghhh I am over the constant nausea!

I am the same, I have about 10 seconds when I wake up before it kicks in for the day :( I have tried pretty much everything but nothing helps. I note a lot of ladies say seabands help. I am trying vit B6 at the mo, on day 3 and no change yet but might be worth a try :flower:

Hey Hun, I am exactly the same! It's only started the last few days but I have completely gone off food, constantly tired & on the edge of being sick and dry heaving 24/7. I work in a cosmetic store & today found myself unable to go anywhere near the fragrance section, told my manager not to schedule me to go on it! Which sucks I can't even wear perfume now as if makes me heave! Hope this lets up soon as I am fed up already the dry toast etc hasn't worked for me either :( zxxx

Snap.... I too feel constantly nauseated.
Since 5+1, Tried ginger biscuits and it worked for about 10 minutes, tried crackers but again they only work for 10 minute bursts.
I have found eating little and often helps, but im finding this difficult, as i dont fancy any food, water makes me heave.
Im persisting with cordial but it still makes me sick.
I have found relief from the sea sick bands, especially whilst in the car.
Also a small glass of pepsi max (maybe because its carbonated) and salt and vinegar snack a jacks are helping me.

Really hope it eases for us all soon x

I have been sick since week 6 and am having symptoms ease a bit this week. One thing I've done (which is mentioned by other posters) is drink a LOT of water. I had been drinking juice, gatorade, pedialyte, gingerale, etc. and I think the sugar in those drinks actually made my nausea worse. Now that I'm sticking to plain water I feel much better. Another thing that has helped is forcing myself to eat more than I want (not stuff myself, but just more than I would choose to, given my nausea). Once I have real food in my tummy, the nausea seems to lighten for a bit. Good luck! And don't despair, the doctors say it can be a good sign for a healthy bean :)

As crazy as it sounds, those Sea Bands really helped me! They have a small button that presses on a proven acupressure point. They sell them at all major drug stores, for only $13 they are worth a try! I hope you feel better

Im struggling with sickness and im 6+5 (ignore my ticker, its two weeks out)

I feel worse when I am slightly hungry but then eating makes me feel sick. I never had this with my first so I dont know what helps.

I go back to work on monday. I am a sales assistant where I am on my feet constantly for 9 hours.. im also not allowed to eat behind the counter, only on my lunch break so im a bit stuck on what I can do to limit the sickness :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->