Constant Nausea :(

I so understand how you feel....I have the same phobia. :hugs:

I know quite a few who have gotten relief from ginger and B6 with Unisom. With my angel baby I didn't get any relief from either, unfortunately. :( Ginger seemed to make me feel so much sicker for some reason. Tried Unisom as well but it turns out I'm allergic to it. All it did was make me pass out....not fun.

I've not had any sickness yet but I'm fully expecting it to kick in within the next week so I am a bit nervous. I plan on trying the acupressure bands this go around. I've heard of so many women who said they work wonderfully for ms so I am really hoping it'll help. Give them a try!! The preggie pops are supposed to be pretty good; I am planning on trying those as well. And do your best to keep at least a little bit of food in your stomach as well as plenty of water...although I know how difficult that can be.

Another tip is keeping some essential oils with you, so when you smell something that triggers nausea it'll help settle your stomach back down. Lemon and peppermint are the best.

Good luck to all the ladies who are sick right now...praying it passes soon for everyone!!!!

Nice to know there's plenty of us in the same boat! I'm definitely going to try and find some of these seabands tomorrow, sounds like they're definitely worth a go. I'm off work now for 3 days so I'm going to get rested up. Today was horrendous, I work in a gastro pub and had to run the food today, omg :sick: everything looked and smelt absolutely foul, made me feel 10 times worse! Never been happier to finish my shift haha!

Is anybody else getting dizziness?

I second the Unisom + Vitamin B6 recommendation! This is if you're not in a country that sells Diclectin (I believe Diclectin is only sold in Australia, Canada, & the UK). Unisom + Vitamin B6 is the same as the active ingredients in Diclectin. I'm in the US, so I've been taking this combo and it has made me feel so much better. I did a lot of looking online and this drug has not been shown to cause any risk to your pregnancy. I also ran it past my doctor and she said it's ok too. My doctor said it's perfectly safe. She said that it is not a good idea to "tough it out" with nausea, because for some women it can last for weeks and weeks and you want to be keeping your health up.

Unisom does cause drowsiness, but this is what has been working well for me:

1/2 a tab of Unisom (get the hard pills, not the gel capsules) at night before bed.
1/2 a tab at 5 AM with a B6 pill (usually have to pee at this time anyway), then I sleep off the drowsiness from 5 AM to 8 AM, and at 8 AM I feel ready for the day and am able to get through the day without feeling like I'm going to gag if I even drink a glass of water.

Good luck!!!

Oh girl...hang In there as it will ease up but might take a while. I had the very same problems you are having starting pretty much the second I turned 5 weeks 4 days and I am just starting to have a day or two of respite this week...primarily the last two days! I am with the gal who mentioned forcing yourself to drink water and eat when you can as I foundmy nausea and smell aversions to be much worse on an empty stomach. it will get better and you will have a beautiful prize at the end of it all so hang in there!!! :)

I noticed today that my vomit spells have not been triggered by smell but by something visual lol!

In other news my nausea has subsided greatly the past few days...I am now staying sick all day but maybe a few hours of the day. I'm just hoping it doesn't pick back up again!

A dr suggested to me and yes screw your nose up... but boiled carrots and eat them through the day, I block my nose to eat them, makes me feel fuller for longer and don't taste yuk coming back up, another thing is try jelly

Well i bought some sea bands and they definitely did help! Not had to wear them last 2 days though as I have felt slightly better in myself and have even been able to manage small portions of food :D which has made me feel a little more human!

I'm glad you are feeling better. I've been feeling sick all day every day since before I got my BFP and it hasn't gone away. Unfortunately for me, I haven't found anything that really helps that much but I just hold on to the fact that I can't feel this bad forever! I think my MS eased up around 10 weeks last time and I'm hoping it's the same for this one!

Sorry your feeling so sick. My sickness kicked in at 6 weeks and i felt the same way as you. Im almost ten weeks now and it seems to of eased off a lot so im hoping that was the worst of it. Hang in there it might not last for that long xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->