Constant painless contractions will they progress into labour?

Twinkle 3

Reaction score
Hi ladies I'm having constant painless contractions all day long minutes apart and get worse when I'm active they have been like this for 9days now but today I have had some crampy ones and felt like I have needed to pass a bowel movement but when i get there, I can't go. I'm not constipated either, it just feels like trapped wind which it also isn't. I'm not in agony with the pain so I don't think I am in labour, I have rang the labour ward and explained what I'm feeling but they just said to monitor them and see if they get painful or if I lose any blood etc. I'm only 29weeks, so I'm just wondering does this sound like what you experience before labour begins? I have had two previous preterm births.

I just don't know if I'm being paranoid about going into preterm birth again or wether Im actually showing signs of it coming soon?

I have had irregular contractions on/off for the past week since losing my plug last Sunday, Today they seem to have died down a lot, 2 nights ago I was in a lot of pain and was timing them as I thought baby was coming for them to stop a few hours later...My midwife said yesterday it was all normal and it's my body preparing for labour...At 29 weeks it's likely to be braxton hicks, Have a bath, drink plenty of fluids and they should subside, I wish mine would turn into the real thing, Aarrgghh it's so frustrating!..x

Thankyou for the reply. mine have been like this for 9days now. They are getting more intense by the day and all the hospital ever says is come back when they are painful or you bleed, so they arnt really much help to me. i had my little girl at 29weeks 4yrs ago so im wondering wether my body is trying to repeat history

Ooo you would have thought with your history they would be taking it a little more serious then!! My midwife said the same to me yesterday, Only go in if they get strong enough to not be able to talk through and/or if my waters break but at my stage it's pretty normal, They should be monitoring you with your history, the fact your 29 weeks and the fact they are getting stronger!! Keep calling if you are worried, It will at least put your mind at rest to get checked out even if it is just BH...x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->