Constant urge to gag?

Sarah20109

Reaction score
I'm 5+4 weeks today and starting at 5 weeks I got this constant urge to gag feeling in my throat. It started as just an urge, but every day it's gotten a little worse. It went from just an urge, to actually making me gag, to making me dry heave, and today every little thing is making me gag and the urge is still always there. I haven't actually thrown up at all yet. Is this considered morning sickness?

It sure is! :) At first, I just had a horrible nauseated feeling starting at 6.5 weeks which lead to dry heaving. Then lead to eventually throwing up at about 7 weeks. I had that nauseated feeling with or without throwing up until 9.5 weeks. At that point, the nausea died down a lot and the gagging began. If my throat gets too dry or I get too hungry, I gag, guaranteed, every time! I'm 14 weeks and I still have the bad gagging. It sucks! Lol.

Yep... almost thought I was going to be sick at work earlier.. just had a biscuit and feel better

I am having the same thing! But the weird thing is that I don't actually feel nauseous at all (or what I would define as nauseous). But I have very nearly thrown up at certain smells a couple times and I gag at pretty much anything.

I'm really glad this came up because this is what I have as well. I never felt nausea like I ate something bad and needed to throw up just this random gag reflex. Very weird and appears at random times. Eating still helps but not always. Sometimes I just start talking about morning sickness or the collar of my shirt is too tight and I gag and sometimes dry-heave. Good times!

I'm really glad this came up because this is what I have as well. I never felt nausea like I ate something bad and needed to throw up just this random gag reflex. Very weird and appears at random times. Eating still helps but not always. Sometimes I just start talking about morning sickness or the collar of my shirt is too tight and I gag and sometimes dry-heave. Good times!

i was telling my husband and my dr that i dont feel prego at all, i have no symptoms but sore bb, he laughed at me a threw me under the bus and said if you have no symptoms then why the hell are you always randomly gagging lol...so yes lol we are all on this same bus ride lol

I'm struggling to brush my teeth!

If I brush in the am, I throw up. Simple as that! I can brush cautiously around the outside of my teeth, soon as I open my mouth & put the brush inside beside my tongue.. I throw up :wacko:

If I roll around in the morning too much. Throw up. Sneeze in the shower.. throw up! Prepare dogs breakfast before my PLAIN toast.. you guessed it, throw up!

Pleaaase go away ms!

I also suffer from this but it is getting better! I take mints with me when I leave the house coz I hate gagging in public! As soon as I get that feeling I have a mint before it gets too bad.

I had this too and still do to a point. The only thing that helped was eating something frequently. For me the nausea that led to the gagging was because of hunger. I couldn't easy a lot at a time and had to eat almost every hour to avoid the nauseous feeling.

Well, my 'urge to gag' has developed into full-blown nausea and vomiting today! woohoo! I am the same as Panda, though. It seems to happen when I have low blood sugar so I have to eat pretty much constantly to keep away that hungry feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->