constantly fighting with DF :( just venting

lmp1505768

Reaction score
I'm sure some of it is just me being pregnant. But I feel like we end up in a fight nearly every night!

The worst part is , its really stupid things.

Like two nights ago, we fought because I asked him to kill a spider.
I'm TERRIFIED of spiders. Anyone who has known me for more than a month could tell you that. They are just so creepy, and I have TONS of hair and I'm scared they will fall on my head and get all tangled and gah! Not to mention, when I get bit , the bites reach the size of a baseball, and HURT.
So naturally, I hate needing to get close enough to kill them.

So he tells me that he is sick of me asking him to do stuff all the time, so I asked , "like what?" And he seriously mentioned the 100lb box I needed him to move from our bed(that he placed there)! I was like "I'm sorry, but I'm 35 weeks pregnant and there are some things that need done I just can't do!" And we basically get down to the fact that he cant come up with any examples of unreasonable things id asked for that day, or the day before, but I still do it. So then why are we fighting about it today!? All over a spider. Which he doesn't understand how I can kill them when he isn't home, but not when he is. And truth be told, I CAN. It just scares me. And I don't really think its a big deal as he isn't scared of them. So then he goes on about how he doesn't understand why I'm scared of them. But it doesn't matter! I don't need him to understand it, I just need him to accept that its a fact! We have been together for nearly seven years now, so you think he'd get it :/

Then last night, we got into yet another fight because I asked if he was ready to go turn out our DD's light and kiss her goodnight and go to bed. He says yes. Then I go to get up and he is back to reading something else, so I said" you're reading another one?" And he FLIPPED out saying that what he is doing doesn't affect or matter to me and basically to mind my own bussiness! But we go to bed together EVERY night, and we always kiss DD goodnight together. So if I'm standing around waiting for him, it does matter.
Went to bed angry, again.
I was so frustrated!

Then that night he "needed" to stop by his moms to pick up boxes o ours she never told us she had,until last night. He works about 45 minutes away from home,and didn't even get off until 5, so we were waiting on him for dinner, DD saying she was hungry every I've mi utes. So I asked him to hurry and not sit around chatting, so we could eat and get DD ready for bed and he would still be abke to see her. He spent 40 minutes there. Loading ten small boxes. And apparently needed to help them(she lives with his cousin) with wifi and chat upstairs! He didn't get home until 7pm. I just feel like he should be prioritizing. It was a social visit. It was moving boxes from one car,to the other. Should have taken ten minutes.

I think he is having some sort of "I'm the man of the house" phase where he needs to exert his authority or something, but instead of just pointing out the unreasonable things(which do exist. I don't NEED a back rub, and I can probably make dinner and clean it up) but suddenly EVERYTHING becomes an issue.

I just don't feel like I ask a lot. He takes out the trash. He puts the dogs in the kennel at night(they are both over 90lbs) and then helps with DD a bit while he is home. Which is about 3 hours of the time she spends awake. Then I just ask that if he makes plans or is gonna be late coming home, he let me know!

I just feel like ill be giving birth to our first son soon and we are supposed to be close right now, and half the time I can't stand to be around him!

Aw men can be a little selfish sometimes. Hope it gets better for you. :hugs:

I know I'm probably being a tad sensitive, and I'm sure things will get back to normal after baby, but man this sucks lol

I was actually laying there last night thinking that I really hope I don't go into labor tonight(doc thinks ill go early),because I am so not in a "let's bond while I birth our child" mood. Or in any mood to rely on him for support lol

My hubby gets whiny once a week or so and then I remind him of the 35 symptoms of pregnancy I am dealing with and the 3 month streak of poor sleep I've had. Then he usually sucks up to me and apologizes all over himself lol

mine seems to think I am making this stuff up or something lol I tend to get horrible MS for at least the first 20 weeks of pregnancy(with DD I had it nearly the whole time) and he thinks its a "mind over matter" situations. I could have killed him lol

Now I'm dealing with SPD. So yes, I CAN go get DD's blanket from her room UPSTAIRS, but it hurts. So if there is an alternative, that would be nice lol

He also doesn't understand why I want a nap if I can get one.
Apparently the "I'm up LITERALLY every hour to pee" part isn't sticking lol

I truly wish he could just be pregnant for a day! Let alone 10 months.

He actually told me last month that I don't just deserve back rubs automatically, that they are not free handouts whenever. I was like...how about carrying a five lb baby in my stomach so you don't have to!

But, I know he is just being a guy. He usually comes around eventually. Just being stubborn this time lol

I kind of feel your pain... at least in the respect that like you, half the time, I don't want to be near him.

I've so given up on trying to ask mine to do anything for me. Every little request, reasonable or not, he expects to be reciprocated sexually. And any gesture he does unasked for, is to be automatically suspicious of for the same reason.

Most of our fights lately have been because I'm feeling really super "don't touch me. period." and all he wants to do is cuddle and make out and :sex:. And then gets pissed when I tense up and try to push him out of my personal space. And he's aware of my "no touchy" mood, yet continues to try!

I feel bad that I'm probably making him feel like I don't love him (when I do), but I don't have it in me to show it physically.

I kind of feel your pain... at least in the respect that like you, half the time, I don't want to be near him.

I've so given up on trying to ask mine to do anything for me. Every little request, reasonable or not, he expects to be reciprocated sexually. And any gesture he does unasked for, is to be automatically suspicious of for the same reason.

Most of our fights lately have been because I'm feeling really super "don't touch me. period." and all he wants to do is cuddle and make out and :sex:. And then gets pissed when I tense up and try to push him out of my personal space. And he's aware of my "no touchy" mood, yet continues to try!

I feel bad that I'm probably making him feel like I don't love him (when I do), but I don't have it in me to show it physically.

I know what you mean! My DF always wants to kiss and make out and I'm just not in the mood. I'm huge,and uncomfortable and so not feeling sexy. Not to mention the part where I want to kill him all the time now lol

I can't believe he expects sexual favors in return for helping you out though! Id be so frustrated. I can't bring myself to be in the mood normally, certainly not if I f felt like it was coerced :/ that sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->