Constipated 4 week old?

Sarah Lou 80

Reaction score
My baby hasn't had a bowel movement today and only
Had a small one yesterday. She seems like she's got a bit of trapped wind and is pulling her legs up a bit every now and then but nothing much more than normal. She seemed quite windy from the start!

My DS used to go after every feed at this age. Is this normal? I'm starting to worry a bit.

It's unlikely that baby is constipated. Bf babies rarely suffer from it. My lo went 2 weeks without a poo. I had read that they could go up to a week, and he was fine in himself, but took him to the gp on day 10 as I was starting to really worry. Dr was totally unconcerned, examined him ,and said to just wait. I was on the verge of ringing to take him back when he had the most awesome poo, lol. I wouldn't worry as long as there are lots of wet nappies and lo isn't distressed or straining.

It's unlikely that baby is constipated. Bf babies rarely suffer from it. My lo went 2 weeks without a poo. I had read that they could go up to a week, and he was fine in himself, but took him to the gp on day 10 as I was starting to really worry. Dr was totally unconcerned, examined him ,and said to just wait. I was on the verge of ringing to take him back when he had the most awesome poo, lol. I wouldn't worry as long as there are lots of wet nappies and lo isn't distressed or straining.

That's great! Thank you! I will nervously await the undoubtedly impressive explosion!

Breast fed babies don't have as many BMs. My doctor told me don't be concerned until at least a week. My daughter can go days without a BM.

My son goes every three days. It's not a concern. :) You could try doing bicycle legs with her if you think she needs it.

Yay! She went today! It was pretty messy! It's just my DS used to go pretty much after every feed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->