Constipation help Updated

cheryl

mum of 3 +1 mc
Reaction score
Dillan was constipated when he was on sma gold the health visitor said its because they have put more protien in the milk and its making babies constipated. So I changed his milk to cow and gate, it was great at first he was back to normal. Then he went 3 days before he pooped again. It was not really hard but it was firmer to start then got runnier. Today is now 3 days again and still not pooped. I have been giving him water and I have even tried it with orange juice in like the midwife said to try, but he tends to just sick it back up.
I just read on the internet that some babies can go 4 days without pooping. Is this right?
He was really sicky yesterday and today. His tummy feels quite hard.
he is still feeding ok and doesn't really seem in pain.
What should I do?
Do you think give it til tommorrow morning and then go to the doctors or see the health visitor.
Or should I be doing something now?
Not sure what to do.
Luv Cheryl xxx

Update

I read on the internet, rub there tummy and move there legs like they are riding a bike. You can also hold the legs up to help them go.
I did all these for about 10 mins and it worked he pooped.
He is really settled now, I bet he feels loads better.
Luv Cheryl xxx

I think its ok to leave a little longer if he doesnt seem in pain. I had the same problem with sma milk so i changed to aptimil and he now goes all the time!!

I changed to cow and gate. It was ok to start with.
Thanks hun, think I might leave it til tomorrow morning see how things go. Unless he starts being in pain.
Luv Cheryl xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->