Constipation - OK, whos' had it?

mara16jade

Mommy of 2 little boys
Reaction score
I'm interested to hear who has had to battle with it while pregnant? I haven't, but plenty of my friends have to deal with it, and some really suffer. :(

So...did you get it? Was it the whole time? Beginning, middle, end?

It was worse in the first few weeks to the point of being painful. Now I'm eating more fibre I'm still not going regularly but it doesn't hurt. This was a surprising bit of pregnancy, no-one mentions it!

I was, lol. Though mostly through my first and second trimester, now that I'm in my third it hasn't been there at all. I kinda just dealt with it.

For the past 7-8 weeks, constant. It's not sore, I just... never need the bathroom. I couldn't tell you the last time I went. I do occasionally get mild cramps though.

Definitely a battle here! Sometimes it's worse than others. But it seems to be an on-going battle, unfortunately. Thankfully mine doesn't cause any pain. But it would be nice to be more regular

Atleast once a week I get it bad... very annoying!!

I had it really bad with DS, not too bad with this pregnancy but I would get some cramps from not being able to go. Pretty much only ever had constipation in first tri, not much of an issue the rest of my pregnancy.

I've been okay this pregnancy. Had one really bad bout of it where I had to use about 10 Qtips to remove the softball from my rear end. Felt much better afterwards, and then I decided I needed to drink more water.

I've been okay for most of the pregnancy… the only time it got bad is when I was taking Zofran- I was completely reliant on milk of magnesia most of the time to go, and sometimes that didn't work and I ended up taking glycerin suppositories.. not pretty. Luckily that's all behind me now, and things are more regular if I keep well hydrated and try to remember to eat a little extra fiber.

I'm suffering terribly and I can't just leave it. I have been taking fybogel once a day since 4 weeks and then upped to 2 sachets. It got so bad I had to get lactulose, started it on Thursday night and it started to work yesterday so I'm on the maintenence dose daily plus fybogel in the hope to keep it moving.
Xx

I'm in second tri now and its come on full force :( Upping my fruit/fibre has helped but its still very uncomfortable. I'm considering buying some softeners ...

I never had it but I think the reason is that I eat oatmeal with medjool dates or dried figs for breakfast every day, so I do get tons of fiber.

I have had it I get it all the time and it gets so bad I get really really sick! I sweat get severe cramping it's just horrible! I get miserable all the time from it and some days I can't even leave my house because I don't know if I will get sick or not. It's just rough. And the worst is it's the entire time! Never lets up.

I have had it I get it all the time and it gets so bad I get really really sick! I sweat get severe cramping it's just horrible! I get miserable all the time from it and some days I can't even leave my house because I don't know if I will get sick or not. It's just rough. And the worst is it's the entire time! Never lets up.

What do you take to help? Xx

I've have 2 uncomfortable spells of a few days... The first time was awful! But I think my issues were brought about by eating habits, so it's been pretty easy for me to stay regular since then ;)

I have horrible constipation right now and I debating what I should take for it I've had bad constipation for months now because of my iron supplements and the last time I had it I ate some beef jerky that apparently made me sick because I ended up with diarrhea but now nothing is helping and milk of magnesia usually doesn't help me but I do have correctol but everything I am reading says no stimulant laxative in early pregnancy so I don't know what to do I guess I'll just take the milk of magnesia and pray it does the trick but oh my g I want to take the correctol so bad and just get it over with!!!

No but I suppose I should I'll have to wait until tomorrow now as it's late and snowing :(

I get it randomly, as if things are all smooshed up in there every few weeks, I believe those are the times I am due a growth spurt. But, here is what I have been doing. Oatmeal for breakfast, I make it from scratch and try to limit the amount of sugar I put in it. Lots and lots of water, trust me, it helps with the mahoosive swelling some ladies get from water retention. Aim for 8 cups of water a day, more is a bonus. Careful with the sugary stuff, I know the desire for sugar is high in pregnancy, but it plugs you up. If you need some fiber, try popcorn, that stuff has loads! Or you can have strawberries if you are feeling sweet. Being constipated is the worst!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->