Constipation - OK, whos' had it?

My diet is really good and I always drink loads of water.
I've been having lactulose for about 4 days now and it's really working.
Totally safe in pregnancy, it's not worth being constipated it's so uncomfortable and so easy to fix.
Xx

I wish I had gotten medicine when my doctor offered it to me. I thought I'd be fine...but constipation is making me miserable at the moment. I'm so bloated and my stomach hurts and I want to go but I can't!! I've been eating prunes, lots of fruit and cereals with fiber...nothing works! I think it's also making me have some heartburn...any over the counter stuff that we can take for either symptoms??

I live on Syrup of fig every evening lately. Occasionally I'm okay to just have prunes and some porridge or fibre packed cereal for breakfast, but it is mostly the syrup of fig that gets things moving IYKWIM. I've had chronic constipation for years so throughout pregnancy it's just been rotten :nope:

I have had it I get it all the time and it gets so bad I get really really sick! I sweat get severe cramping it's just horrible! I get miserable all the time from it and some days I can't even leave my house because I don't know if I will get sick or not. It's just rough. And the worst is it's the entire time! Never lets up.

What do you take to help? Xx

The best thing I have found that helps is lots and lots of fruit apples oranges and juices too especially apple juice cause it is known for causing the "runs" if you drink too much but with constipation it just happens to make it possible to go and I also have found high fiber things help such as Frosted Shredded Wheat and it tastes good too! Try that and see if it helps hopefully it does! :thumbup:

I'm doing slimming world so lots of these things are banned- lol.
I am eating fruit though. The lactulose seems to be working xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->