Constipation problems Advice needed!

magicvw

Hoping for a 3rd
Reaction score
My little girl is 1yr and 9 months. For about 12 weeks she has been having on and off problems doing a no.2. She goes for 1-3 days with nothing, then a day or two of massive straining and finally it all arrives on the 4th or 5th day but causes her an awful lot of pain.

I have a beaker of dilluted fruit juice or water on the go constantly for her. She won't eat any fresh fruit except the odd slice of apple, but she has fruit puree everyday, plus activia yoghurt with fibre. I give her brown bread, very little meat, lots of pasta and rice made with veggies, mostly fresh but sometimes frozen. She does eat quite a lot of biscuits and crackers, and she has 2x250 ml cow's milk a day. The doctors says just increase her fluid/fibre intake but I'm pretty stumped how I can. She is a very faddy eater and most veggies have to be camouflaged.

Has anyone got any ideas to help out? Am I doing something wrong? Is there any food I should cut out or introduce? Are there any natural or OTC remedies anyone knows of? Honestly it breaks my heart to see her little face almost exploding with straining to poo!

I can't help sorry :( my lil moos a long way to go til that age yet!

Maybe the docs can give LO something to help (I read they can after a year I think)? It sounds liek your doing all to help her bless so I think personally I'd pop to doc.

Poss other Mummies have other suggestions though :hugs:

I would talk to your doctor.. colton's pediatrician gave us some stuff to help soften his poo.. he had torn himself though. You could try prune juice. Or suppositories to help her--the kind we use aren't like enemas .. his pediatrician told us they are basically like oil that just lubes up the poo so he can push it out easier. But they are made for children 2+.. but you just dont put all the liquid in there.. we just put like 1/4 of the fluid in colton.

Thats all I know really. Colton has had lots of problems with constipation. He has even been swapped to soy formula which hasn't helped. It's horrible when he is crying and wont eat because he is straining... I feel so bad for him.

Thanks - I will ask again at the docs.
March Baby that must be really hard going for such a weenie one! We didn't have any problems at that age - poo everywhere all the time! Now I long for those poo-filled days!!! Has he got some kind of allergy?

no allergies that I know of. The doctor has never really told us what causes it.. just that it happens sometimes, probably an immature digestive system though.
I'm having him swapped off his soy formula today. I'm going to go back to just normal formula. He doesn't seem to like the soy too much. He doesn't drink very much of it.

my friends baby is 2 and the doctor give her stuff 4 her poo you just put it in with water. she has 2 take it every 2days

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->