Constipation with Hungry Baby Formula...

CantWaitToTTC

Reaction score
My daughter (now almost 17 weeks) was having 2-3ozs of SMA milk every 2 hours (we tried Aptamil first but she threw the whole bottle up straight after, so we changed over). So I moved her over to Hungry Baby SMA powder two weeks ago and started to have 4/5, sometimes even 7ozs every 3 hours. But almost straight away she started getting constipated.

Normally she has a wet/ish poo at night (1 a day on average). But now she has trouble getting out a hard poo and goes more often during the day (tiny ones after having difficulty getting it out).

After her screaming in pain early this morning from it, I have depositories and lactose for her. My Mum said to keep with the Hungry baby milk and she will get used it it - once the medicine helps out at first she will poo normally after. But I don't want to keep on with hungry baby milk if she will go back to being constipated after the medicine stop working...

Should I go back to normal powder milk?

(She was almost a month early, didn't take to the breast and I could only express milk for 5 weeks, then time got the better of me and I changed over to only formula feeding - I have a 3 year old and started working from home when she was 3 weeks old. Sorry, always feel like I have to explain why I'm not breastfeeding her :cry: ).

I think aan is notorious for constipation.
I would swap brands or back to first stage milk to see if it improves and if not see a doctor :)

I would swap back to first stage milk, I don't think feeding every 2 hours in unusual or "hungry baby" they are only little and just want the milk little and often, I know it's exhausting but they will start to go longer between feeds as their tummies grow.

Hungry baby milk is notorious for constipation as it's much heavier and lies on the tummy more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->