Constipation :(

angelbump

Reaction score
Does anyone have any remedies for constipation that are safe in pregnancy? Im so sick of stomach pains and iv just strained so bad and iv started spotting lol! Scared iv pushed it out lol :( Please advise! Xx

Drink more fluids and avoid caffeine (absorbs liquid) - warm prune juice is nice.
Walk around after eating.
Try to go to the bathroom soon after eating.
If you are pretty backed up, glycerin supp. work wonders.
You can use a fleet enema, though I would only do that once a week if necessary.
Eat more fiber foods: Oatmeal, prunes, figs, fruits high in water content (watermelon, kiwi, berries) and avoid foods that have little to no fiber in it.
My ObGyn said I could take a stool softener (colace) but if I wanted immediate relief to use milk of magnesia. NO LAXATIVES.
Best of luck, I have been suffering with what I call rabbit poop (little pebbles) and constipation for the past 6 weeks! Some days are better than others.

Up your liquids, I drink 2 glasses of water before each meal. Constipation has been a huge issue for me this time around. But as long as I am getting plenty of liquids I don't get as backed up and have a movement every other day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->