constipation..

mummy&mase

Mummy To One.
Reaction score
Hiya, since i started weaning about a month ago (hes 6 months now), my little man has had really really bad constipation to the point hes screaming everytime he poos, and sometimes even blood comes out with it. its horrible to see him in so much pain..
Ive tried gripewater but dont really see a difference, is there anything else i can try? he wont take cooled boiled water. Do you think i should just keep trying with the gripewater ? xx

Gripe works for us - tends to help settle her then help her pass in time (not straight away)

Pure orange (not concentrated)

when baby is lying down holding his legs up helps wind etc - propped up with a blanket even (worked for Moo)

A warm bath followed by a gentle tummy massage

As your weaning I did look up a bit for you and found this:

Once your baby is between four to six months old, you can start introducing more porridge and fruit or vegetable purées into their diet. These are rich in fibre and will help prevent constipation. Prune purée is particularly good for this purpose.

Brown sugar to cool boil water - a tip from my Aunt (½ teaspoon obrown sugar to 1 or 2oz of cooled boiled water

I've read fennel tea helps

- All suggestions (not all personal experience), tips Ive read on and off this forum.

Hope it helps.

Hey i know how u feel, my little one suffers with it terribly..well he goes from one to the other usually, diarerhea then constipation but since starting weaning hes been constipated and screams also, with blood. Horrible isnt it. Sorry i cant give u any advice, im stuck myself! But just wanted u to know i know how u feel! Hugs! Do u give him any veg purees, or apple puree? I know that baby rice make Oliver worse, so i've stopped giving that algether. Have u tried giving him abit of waterd down juice? Or tummy rubs and bicycle legs? Doctor gave us lactulose, even that doesnt help Oli though. Hope he gets sorted soon hun x

Thanks for the advice will try a few of the suggestions and see how we get on. He has veg & fruit purees and very diluted juice. will see how we get on thanks alot xx

My LO was constipated as well. Ever since we brought him home. The only thing that has worked for us so far was apple prune juice. It was the concentrated baby juice that is next to the baby food (here anyways..). But I did 2oz of juice mixed with 2oz of water every day until the four pack of juice was gone. He has been off of it for three days now and is still pooping normal poop.
Hope he gets better. And make sure to keep an eye on the blood, he could have torn himself!

I boil dried prunes in lots of water for about 20 minutes. Once cooled I puree the prunes and save the juice that can be diluted with water to make your prune juice. You get a 2 in 1: Prune puree (which Simon loves!) and the juice. This may be a good option for you. It's worked for many babies in my mommy-baby group. Good luck!

(P.S. You may want to switch the baby rice cereal for another one like barley if you've strated with rice already. It's the first we give but causes constipation for many.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->