Constipation?

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
Seth seems to have been having a hard time doing poos the past couple of days... today he strained for ages, and then he had a bit of a crying fit and was still trying to get it out... eventually after about 3 or 4 hours of straining he managed to go, but it's the only one he's done today. Same thing happened yesterday.

Is there anything I can do to help him along? My HV said that with bottle fed babies you can give them water, but you can't give breast fed babies water... is that true?

It was heartbreaking today... he was really crying and looking at me as if I should be helping him but there was nothing I could do :( Poor little mite.

xxx

Sometimes when Noah really is having trouble I will take his tempture rectally and he will go. (Im not gross, I fount this out one time by taking his temp)I put alittle vaseline on the tip, and only stick alittle into his rectum. If he still isnt able to go because his stool is really hard, I'd talk to your doctor. But my doctor told me to give him Karo Syrup 1/2 tsp in his bottle twice a day. He drinks formula though. This did the trick. I also noticed apple/prune juice works really well

A few things that seem to help when Ryan is constipated;

'Cycling' his legs like he's riding a bike, or lifting them up to his tummy and moving them around in circles.

Giving him a nice warm bath.

Massaging his tummy. My HV taught me this one. Put a little lotion/oil on your hand and rub a bit onto his tummy. Massage in clockwise circles around his belly button (anti-clockwise works AGAINST the bowels, whereas clockwise works WITH the bowels, so everything is moved along).

Hope things start moving along soon. It's horrible when they're constipated and in pain. :( x

I rang my HV this morning because I was so worried about him, he was really screaming,

Apparently breast fed babies don't get constipated. He's having a growth spurt so he won't go for a few days up to a week. Im supposed to massage his belly and lie him flat oin it too.

*shrugs* Im not expert but I can TELL he's constipated, it's really bothering him. Its so sad!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->